Pre Match Thread - Villa's Last Stand !

Paul33

On 14/07/2020 at 17:13, mjmooney said:

Just been talking to an Everton supporting mate and he reckons they've been playing like dogshit for a good while, and the problem is that basically they have no midfield. 

Few Everton fans by me. The feeling is Ancelotti needs a transfer window and Siggurdsson is a waste of space but think he will have them fired up for this one.  Gomez of course had that major injury and looks really slow .

Edited by PaulC

17 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Saw a stat that said Everton have lost only 3 of 43 hone games under ancelotti.

If true....the last of my hope just went bye bye :(

He hasn't been been there for 43 home games has he? 

52 minutes ago, picicata said:

It's my Birthday today and I'd like 3 points as a present. Don't disappoint me Villa. 

Happy birthday. Maybe it would be safer to focus on all of the wonderful gifts we've already received during this bountiful year that just keeps on giving.

• Haha 1

I think this is a good time to play them. They are stuck in mid table. Nothing really to play for and their captain and manager have come out complaining about their recent performances. 

The first goal will decide to his game. I hope we get on the front foot early. 

Looking around on social media, there's a feeling of optimism from Villa fans like this game has already been won which is a dangerous mindset. Usually when people are like this we go and have a stinker. 3-0 to Everton. 

It's classic Villa to give us that tiny bit of hope only to shit on us in the following game. I just can't see us winning, Everton is going to be far more difficult than Palace. 

57 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Saw a stat that said Everton have lost only 3 of 43 hone games under ancelotti.

If true....the last of my hope just went bye bye :(

Home and away doesn’t carry the same weight in empty stadiums.

Although there is no way Ancelotti has managed 43 Everton home games.