Pre Match Thread - Villa's Last Stand !

Paul33

10 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

Nearly wish we had these today and palace on Thursday. They've taken a lot of flak after today. Coleman torn into them publicly. Fearing a backlash of some sort.

I get that thought process but remember some players will take a public shaming like that badly. You may also see the manager making an example of some of the senior players and playing kids. 

I think Everton are soft at the back. Both full backs are decent going forward but aren't great defenders and Keane is their only fit centre back right now.

We will need the same mentality as yesterday high energy press, try win the ball back in their half and get some shots in, Pickford has been shaky since the restart. 

42 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Palace was a must-win. This is a must not lose. But could also be a must win. It's a must not lose but be handy to win win. 

It's a must win! We need to win 2 of the remaining 3 to have a chance and arsenal will be tough.

Same line up pls

• Like 3

I think this is a must win and results dependent Arsenal becomes the most not lose, we have to put the pressure on ahead of the Friday night game and hope city thump Bournemouth. Watching Everton v Wolves they are definitely there for the taking and looking like Mina and maybe Holgate could be out at the back we have to go for it.

In reality we need 3 points. I am beginning to think we may even need to win all our remaining games to stand a chance. Hopefully Watford and Bournemouth staring to win has shaken everyone out of their malaise.

13 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

Nearly wish we had these today and palace on Thursday. They've taken a lot of flak after today. Coleman torn into them publicly. Fearing a backlash of some sort.

Yep, we need to be ready for a fiery backlash, an Ancelotti team is not going to take a 3-0 gubbing and not respond. They undoubtedly have forward players that can hurt us, they have plenty of pace. We’ll need to put in a very solid, error free, defensive display. If we underestimate this game and think they’re on the beach we could easily lose by 2 or 3 goals. I think we need to look to shut them out and frustrate them for what’ll be a fast start from them. If they gain encouragement early on then we’re in trouble. Take the sting out of them in the opening half and look to build pressure thereafter. Given our problems in the striker department we have to look to 1-0 wins as our best hope. 

Backlash  I’m not sure as Everton have bee crap for a few games now and it hard to just change mentality. We have won a game and should take that confidence and momentum into the Everton game. Three points would give us a chance. Let’s go get them!