U.S. Presidential Election 2020

maqroll

U.S. Presidential Election 2020  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

15 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Biden is looking likely to take Wisconsin and Michigan, given the remaining votes are the mail in votes which massively favours Biden, which combined is 26 collage votes. Add in 11 from Arizona and that will be enough won't it? this could be settled today aside from the obvious legal side.

AP report Biden on 238 (including Arizona) - so it's Wis. (10) Mich. (16) AND Nevada (6). But for sure there are options elsewhere still very much in play too - but so good to see Biden on 270 tomorrow just as Trump tries to sue over Pennsylvania. 

4 minutes ago, Jareth said:

AP report Biden on 238 (including Arizona) - so it's Wis. (10) Mich. (16) AND Nevada (6). But for sure there are options elsewhere still very much in play too - but so good to see Biden on 270 tomorrow just as Trump tries to sue over Pennsylvania. 

this is the ideal situation, 270 without PA and his tantrum

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

Save it for Milot in January.

the thought of waking up on feb 1st with rachica still a bremen player and trump still president is a horrifying prospect...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

is Arizona the only confirmed flipped State so far?

And 1 vote in Nebraska. Although some still haven't formally called Arizona yet. 

Will feel happier if/when Michigan and/or Pennsylvania get a Biden majority. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stuart_75 said:

What time does the civil war start?

I would say either tomorrow when Nevada declares Biden or whenever Michigen flips, whichever occurs second. 

7 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

That weird bit of Nebraska. And I don't believe that Arizona is technically confirmed yet.

Edit- as said in near identifical fashion above.

Edited by ml1dch

5 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Yes, though it's only half-confirmed anyway. Seems like Wisconsin may not be too far behind.

EDIT: Good points to those above about NE-2, that did flip.

Edited by HanoiVillan

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

More or less, yeah. And it depends what kind of libertarian you are. 

Right wing libertarian - little or no control of economics (unfettered free market capitalism), but lots of control of 'social' issues (anti-gay,anti-abortion, pro-religion, etc.)

Left wing libertarian - state control  of economics (high taxes, price controls, nationalised industries, workers' protection), but little interference in social issues (legal abortions, decriminalised drugs, equal rights for gays, etc.) 

Count me in as a left-libertarian. 

Does that even need the word Libertarian?  It basically perfectly fits the mould of how somebody would define left and right these days.

Am I right in thinking that even if this is close in numbers that because they are now mainly counting the postal votes that it is almost impossible for Biden to lose?

I don't agree with postal votes being delivered after the election date, especially in the volatile climate that they are in at the moment, is there a reason why the postal votes can't start and end earlier so that they can all be guaranteed to be received by a certain date rather than having a few trickle in days later?

Why the flipping frilg didn't those rusty states start counting the post as it came in? Trump's been threatening this legal action for weeks now. Could have headed this off at the pass. 

Just now, leemond2008 said:

Am I right in thinking that even if this is close in numbers that because they are now mainly counting the postal votes that it is almost impossible for Biden to lose?

I don't agree with postal votes being delivered after the election date, especially in the volatile climate that they are in at the moment, is there a reason why the postal votes can't start and end earlier so that they can all be guaranteed to be received by a certain date rather than having a few trickle in days later?

If you have a POTUS defunding the Postal Service, leading to... if there's an issue with delivery, why should you be disenfranchised? 

Just now, sidcow said:

Why the flipping frilg didn't those rusty states start counting the post as it came in? Trump's been threatening this legal action for weeks now. Could have headed this off at the pass. 

Republican held governance said nope. Start counting when polls close. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Would it be hugely surprising to learn that the Republican legislature in the relevant states refused requests to let them do so?

Edited by ml1dch
  • Like 1

Â