U.S. Presidential Election 2020

maqroll

U.S. Presidential Election 2020  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

3 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

You would think the Libertarian party would pick up  much more moderate republican votes but it is such a 2 party system in the states this never really happens.

Libertarianism is an intellectually dishonest ideology in my experience.

It's generally 'freedom for things I like but restrictions to things I don't like'.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Green Bay votes now in - Wisconsin will be called Biden. Just on Michigan, that looks like coming in too - so Trump can kick and scream all he wants, but it's over. 

Why are you so certain on Michigan?

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Has been romping in due to counting the early ballots last, needed a swing of 0.1 for Biden to take it, currently it's been 1.2 - only 40k behind now, from over 200k earlier. 

When Nevada confirms tomorrow (again just early mail in ballots to count - should favour Biden) that's Biden at 270 - whatever happens elsewhere. 

Edited by Jareth

Just now, sidcow said:

I think people are saying that what's left to count is mainly Wayne County, which is Detroit, and is expected to go heavily Biden. This guy, for instance, seems to think the lead will switch comfortably:

(He's the elections guy at the NYT)

However, I'm naturally bracing myself for an unpleasant surprise.

9 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

It's generally 'freedom for things I like but restrictions to things I don't like'.

More or less, yeah. And it depends what kind of libertarian you are. 

Right wing libertarian - little or no control of economics (unfettered free market capitalism), but lots of control of 'social' issues (anti-gay,anti-abortion, pro-religion, etc.)

Left wing libertarian - state control  of economics (high taxes, price controls, nationalised industries, workers' protection), but little interference in social issues (legal abortions, decriminalised drugs, equal rights for gays, etc.) 

Count me in as a left-libertarian. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 3

Biden is looking likely to take Wisconsin and Michigan, given the remaining votes are the mail in votes which massively favours Biden, which combined is 26 collage votes. Add in 11 from Arizona and that will be enough won't it? this could be settled today aside from the obvious legal side.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, markavfc40 said:

Biden is looking likely to take Wisconsin and Michigan, given the remaining votes are the mail in votes which massively favours Biden, which combined is 26 collage votes. Add in 11 from Arizona and that will be enough won't it? this could be settled today aside from the obvious legal side.

Yep could be settled without Nevada and Pennsylvania (which could easily flip to Biden too)

It could be a 30/40 win in the end.

Edited by StefanAVFC

18 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

pretty much this

2 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Yes. I think in the end it's not going to be *that* close (touch wood).

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Yep could be settled without Nevada and Pennsylvania (which could easily flip to Biden too)

It could be a 30/40 win in the end.

I’m still guesstimating Biden’s EC margin to be 78 votes. 

1 minute ago, LondonLax said:

They are moving on to counting the postal votes today and will announce the results tomorrow morning (US time).

Yes, I'm just teasing. It might even be sensible not to give 350m over-caffeinated people second-by-second updates for the next 24 hours.

• Like 1

Â