U.S. Presidential Election 2020

maqroll

U.S. Presidential Election 2020  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

He quoted about QAnon and conspiracy theories.

Fair enough. For me personally I care most about what happens outside of the US. They're far too important on the big stage to have someone who can't type in charge. There'll always be hicks from the hills of Mississippi who think all democrats are spawns of satan..

2 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Not but at least we'll be cutting the head off the snake.

If Trump didn't represent 50% +/- of popular opinion then he wouldn't be where he is now. The thing to fear is a much sharper, more competent head growing back in its place. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Awol said:

If Trump didn't represent 50% +/- of popular opinion then he wouldn't be where he is now. The thing to fear is a much sharper, more competent head growing back in its place. 

Is there anyone in the Republican Party who fits this bill @Awol?

3 minutes ago, Awol said:

I doubt the Republican party has anyone that's worse than Trump. Even alt-right types like Shapiro are now talking against how dangerous Trump's words are. He's crossed a line that most of the Republican party seems to be clear on. 

Edited by magnkarl

3 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

There'll always be hicks from the hills of Mississippi who think all democrats are spawns of satan..

That's fine, but as we're seen, this can easily overspill, as seen with the failed plot to kidnap a sitting governor. 

3 minutes ago, SuperTed said:

Is there anyone in the Republican Party who fits this bill @Awol?

I don't know, now he's broken the mold by coming in from outside politics their next candidate might be someone no-one has even considered yet. 

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

That's fine, but as we're seen, this can easily overspill, as seen with the failed plot to kidnap a sitting governor. 

True that. The issue for these gun toting idiots though is that most, if not all, the financial centres in the US are in Dem states. Population, production, foreign ties etc are all in Democratic favour. A civil war wouldn't work for rural America as they simply don't have the manpower and money to fight a civil war. It'd be like the real civil war.

3 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

I doubt the Republican party has anyone that's worse than Trump. Even alt-right types like Shapiro are now talking against how dangerous Trump's words are. He's crossed a line that most of the Republican party seems to be clear on. 

Yes, he's completely blown it with Supreme Court stunt imo. My point was finding a more acceptable and capable face for Trumpism.

1 minute ago, magnkarl said:

True that. The issue for these gun toting idiots though is that most, if not all, the financial centres in the US are in Dem states. Population, production, foreign ties etc are all in Democratic favour. A civil war wouldn't work for rural America as they simply don't have the manpower and money to fight a civil war. It'd be like the real civil war.

The vast majority of the military are Republican (the veterans, too) and they already control the equipment. I wouldn't be at all confident about how that would turn out - but not suggesting its remotely likely to happen.

2 minutes ago, Awol said:

The vast majority of the military are Republican (the veterans, too) and they already control the equipment. I wouldn't be at all confident about how that would turn out - but not suggesting its remotely likely to happen.

This is simply not true. The sources claim it to be much closer other than with veterans than most people think. It's a republican slogan that the military votes for them, but that's not right.

e4cizu5dik2f7tehmug5gw

6 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

This is simply not true. The sources claim it to be much closer other than with veterans than most people think. It's a republican slogan that the military votes for them, but that's not right.

e4cizu5dik2f7tehmug5gw

Important to remember in this discussion that a large proportion of military people are African-American, which obviously has a big impact.

Â