U.S. Presidential Election 2020

maqroll

U.S. Presidential Election 2020  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

None of this means anything if Dems don't grab the Senate tbh

That’s an overstatement. A trifecta would be sweet, but beating Trump matters. Of course it matters.

• Like 4

Just now, Michelsen said:

That’s an overstatement. A trifecta would be sweet, but beating Trump matters. Of course it matters.

I think symbolically, sure. But practically? A R held Senate stifles Biden completely. 

4 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

None of this means anything if Dems don't grab the Senate tbh

Of course it means no meaningful domestic legislation, but there's still room for better policy re executive actions, Paris climate agreement, Cuba relations, Iran deal, several other things.

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

I think symbolically, sure. But practically? A R held Senate stifles Biden completely. 

We'd litterally stop all the chaos that Trump is causing, the Qanon crap, the conspiracy theories, the buddying up with Erdogan, Putin, Benny and North Korea. Foreign policy will be completely changed by just having someone else saying the words in a les herp derp way.

• Like 4

You really think all of that will stop with Trump gone? The genie is well and truly out of the bottle.

I think it'll die down massively by stopping the leader of a country constantly igniting fires on twitter, yeah.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

We'd litterally stop all the chaos that Trump is causing, the Qanon crap, the conspiracy theories...

Hmm. I'd say that those things are likely to spiral even further out of control if he loses.

• Like 1

Symbolism matters, though. I think the most important function of the presidency is to be a role model, a figurehead, as well as the very real independent powers that comes with the office. Let’s not underestimate the importance of beating Trump, although you’d be right to say a Biden presidency alone won’t come close to fixing anywhere near enough of hhe US’ problems. 

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

You really think all of that will stop with Trump gone? The genie is well and truly out of the bottle.

Agreed.

We're now in a time where smear campaigns are known to work - it'll only get worse as time goes on. 

Hopefully the general populous will learn to turn their phones off an see what's happening in the real world, rather than their personal echo chambers within 4/5 years.

Death to Twitter/Facebook hopefully. 

Just now, ml1dch said:

Hmm. I'd say that those things are likely to spiral even further out of control if he loses.

You think US foreign policy will spiral out of control by not having a guy who has no idea what etiquette and morals are in charge?

Just now, magnkarl said:

You think US foreign policy will spiral out of control by not having a guy who has no idea what etiquette and morals are in charge?

He quoted about QAnon and conspiracy theories.

1 minute ago, magnkarl said:

No, if I thought that then I probably would have said that.

I said that "the Qanon crap, the conspiracy theories" are likely to spiral even further out of control if he loses.

Â