Match Thread: Villa v Wolves

limpid

1 minute ago, LondonVillian said:

Bad players can make effort and fight though we have seen none of that - that's on DS.

Sorry, but that’s nonsense. The effort is there, nobody is sand bagging out there. I think you’re confusing effort with ability. If this team go at Wolves we’ll lose 3 or 4 nil. We either have to choose to play tight defensively, or play to score goals. Playing to score  goals put us 19th with the most goals conceded in the league. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Can someone head over to the post match thread in advance to tell everyone that they are "over reacting" and deluded? Just want it out the way.

If anyone is angry about not beating wolves then they are both. 

Just now, Villarocker said:

Dean Smith's biggest howler, and this will haunt him, is not buying Neal Maupay. He knew the guy but thought he was not worth £20m. Yet, it was OK to spunk £14m on Targett and God knows how much on Trezeguet, Konsa, Nakamba etc. Goals win games and always have and we went into this season too lightweight up top, a bit like a fit bird with a nice round arse and a flat chest. 

Maupay is not just about goals. He's an aggressive little runt and a workhorse who makes things uncomfortable for defenders. Davis is too placid considering his size. 

We should have paid that bit extra for Maupay and maybe now we wouldn't be staring at relegation. 

I’d rather go down than have that little word removed wearing the shirt

Just now, Villarocker said:

Dean Smith's biggest howler, and this will haunt him, is not buying Neal Maupay. He knew the guy but thought he was not worth £20m. Yet, it was OK to spunk £14m on Targett and God knows how much on Trezeguet, Konsa, Nakamba etc. Goals win games and always have and we went into this season too lightweight up top, a bit like a fit bird with a nice round arse and a flat chest. 

Maupay is not just about goals. He's an aggressive little runt and a workhorse who makes things uncomfortable for defenders. Davis is too placid considering his size. 

We should have paid that bit extra for Maupay and maybe now we wouldn't be staring at relegation. 

I'd be surprised if Dean Smith wanted wesley over maupay.

Just now, OxfordVillan said:

Sorry, but that’s nonsense. The effort is there, nobody is sand bagging out there. I think you’re confusing effort with ability. If this team go at Wolves we’ll lose 3 or 4 nil. We either have to choose to play tight defensively, or play to score goals. Playing to score  goals put us 19th with the most goals conceded in the league. 

It's not nonsense its clear as day - open your eyes. I think your confusing effort for aimlessly running around not stringing more than 2 passes together while having 1 shot on target. 

Does anyone really care anymore? I won't be upset that we're going down. I'll just be upset some of these useless rocket polishers get to start somewhere else, likely for a reduced transfer fee.