Match Thread: Villa v Wolves

limpid

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Haha its anything but common sense. 

There is no common sense in the ridiculous expectations some have. Based on nothing.

Yeah how ridiculous to think we could get 5 points from Bournemouth x 2, Watford and Southampton.

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Well that's an exaggeration. 

But what right do we have to expect to beat so many teams in the league? 

No-one is saying we have the right to beat them.  But we have the right to at least try.....

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LondonVillian said:

It's not nonsense its clear as day - open your eyes. I think your confusing effort for aimlessly running around not stringing more than 2 passes together while having 1 shot on target. 

How many teams have you seen this season outplay Wolves? How many Villa players would you pick for a team over Wolves players? Your answer lays there. 

• Like 1

Just now, jim said:

Yeah how ridiculous to think we could get 5 points from Bournemouth x 2, Watford and Southampton.

of course we could. You're crying because we didn't. 

You expect the points. For no reason. Still can't explain why we should take points of all those teams. Why are we so much better than them?

Our players are just pussyfied, sorry but they are, what ever happened to players who throw there bodys at those kind of crosses.

Edited by Dave-R

Just now, claretman said:

I’m 47, play 5-a side and played Sunday league until 38.  I can say with some confidence that I’m better than Trezeguet.

I've got MS, can just about walk, my left leg is knackered, I'd be better than most of the Villa players

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, jim said:

I suggested 5 points against Bournemouth x 2, Watford and Southampton and was told that is too much to ask 🤷‍♂️

Yeah it's not games like today why we are where we are, as Wolves have won at City, Spurs and other better teams than us. Losing twice to a dire Bournemouth team and twice to Southampton who are nothing special and who outplayed us in both games is the disgraceful thing. That's why after the Southampton home game in December I said he needs to go because you have to win those types of games. 

And I have my doubts about the owners. Have not only blindly stood by Smith thus far but also gave him a new contract in November when he wasn't even halfway through the season, which was mental. Not surprisingly we have been utter turd since that point as well.

Edited by VillaFaninLondon

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Haha its anything but common sense. 

There is no common sense in the ridiculous expectations some have. Based on nothing.

"Ridiculous" expectations?

Surely this is satire?

• Like 1