• El Ghazi (Davis, 82)
    • McGinn (Hourihane, 60)
    • Trezeguet (Nakamba, 82)
    • Taylor (Targett, 11)
    • Elmohamady (Konsa, 60)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/07/20 at 22:59

We looked like side that would stay easily the first 5 games or so this season. After that, it has been looking like relegation team. Outside of glimpses from certain players, nothing has really changed since October or so. Really underwhelming and bad performance by Smith and the large majority of the players.

Another day of "Why do I bother with this shit"

• Like 2

1 minute ago, brummybloke said:

Every single dead ball, and I mean every single one was utter dog dirt.

Every throw in dog dirt

Tactic of giving it to mings every time is dog dirt.

Clueless, just totally clueless.

This really peeved me off.  Our set pieces were awful, how can we not take a freekick.  Yeah we can always mess up a few but it's every freekick.

• Like 2

Never looked like scoring but could have quite easily got a point. 

Thought we were ok first half (without creating) but ultimately they were simply too good for us.

To be honest not annoyed with Smith for today, we play with that line up against Sheff U and Newcastle and I think we would be 4 points better off.

We are where we are, Wolves are where they are, miles ahead of us. Liverpool and Man U next, not looking good. 

Luiz MOTM. 

• Like 2

As i said in the match thread at least if the season had been cancelled we could have claimed to have been unfairly relegated🤬 If we could only just once pull off a supposed shock result. How far have we fallen.🤬

Smith said back in January his teams are better in the second half of a season.

Not this season Dean. We’re awful. I don’t have any confidence in him getting us back up either.

Time for change I’m afraid.

As i said in the match thread at least if the season had been cancelled we could have claimed to have been unfairly relegated🤬 If we could only just once pull off a supposed shock result. How far have we fallen.🤬

I can’t help feeling that just like that 3-2 Leicester game that sent us down 3 years ago that Liverpool result has totally killed us off this year, amazing that one result can have such a damaging impact.

• Like 1

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Kind of what I expected. They are much better than us and without the crowd it’s just like a training match for us. 

It’s over.

But it shouldn't be. No excuse for the lack of effort. We may as well forfeit the season. 

Tactical masterclass from Nuno and Wolves.

Yes they have far better players than us but they are also so much better drilled. No matter where on the pitch Villa players were always outnumbered.

Wolves didn't get out of second gear, and they didn't need to. They just moved as a unit and preserved energy. Took their opportunities when they needed it and will be reasonably fresh for the Arsenal game.

We didn't look like a team fighting for survival, but it wasn't the worst we've looked this season either.

4 minutes ago, penguin said:

2 points outta last 24.

Going down with a whimper.

Yet apparently it’s delusional to expect any better.

Shows just how jank the clubs at the bottom are that we’ve taken 2 points from 24 and are still level points with safety.

But yeah we’re down I think now, someone will win and get some daylight. We’ve had our chances since it restarted, havent taken them.

Douglas MOTM again. Looks assured and composed and oozes class. Taylor honorable mention. We’re just toothless up top and that solid Wolves defence wont have an easier day. 

This was for me the last chance at getting any points and having any hope of staying up and predictably we were absolutely inept in the final third.

Smith seems to have set us up slightly better defensively since the break at the expense of zero attacking threat. 

We are done completely with not a single sign of anything you could call positive.

Not saying sacking Dean would have been an answer but at least we could have tried to address the freefall.

The lockdown gave us the video game equivalent of an extra life and we've done nothing with it.

Only watched the last 10 minutes of the game. But it seemed to be no urgency what so ever. No one taking responsibility on the pitch, except one and that's Luiz. Disappointing. 

• Like 1

Â