• El Ghazi (Davis, 82)
    • McGinn (Hourihane, 60)
    • Trezeguet (Nakamba, 82)
    • Taylor (Targett, 11)
    • Elmohamady (Konsa, 60)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/07/20 at 22:59

Douglas Luiz only player getting stuck in.  Only player who wasn't scared of Traore and the only player who wanted the ball other than Grealish.  Taylor honourable mention for him but where was the motivation.?

When Mick kearns used to coach us on Sundays by wallows Lane in Walsall he said if you can't beat them at least kick them. They're better than us fair enough but at least make them work.  

Get lost project restart. Pull us out now. 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

MotM Douglas Luiz, again. Comfortably our best player since the restart.

Honourable mention for Taylor. I'd written him off before he stepped foot on the pitch, but he did well, I'm pleasantly surprised.

Everyone else was a bit shit, weren't they? Allegedly we had two strikers on, I couldn't really tell. We had one shot on target which was a tame, long range effort from Grealish.

More comedy from Nyland. Jack did more harm than good today and on a few occasions just blunted our counter attacks by slowing everything to a snail's pace.  I think every team is happy to just let Hause win headers, considering how many chances he gets, his accuracy is a joke. 

It's a Championship squad, ultimately. We're pretty much where we deserve to be in the table. It's not over yet, Everton, Palace, and West Ham are winnable games, but I'll be surprised f we get another 4 points this season, we're **** shit.

Spot on post.  Davis and Samatta individually look rubbish and together were actually worse.  Jack is so off the boil it scares me. Conor's only upside is set pieces and that was a joke again today.  Hause....can he not head a ball properly.  Konsa wasnt at the racing.  There was just no urgency, no nothing with this team second half.  Was still thinking we would survive before today but that has really rocked my confidence.  Not that we lost because Wolves are a quality team and so solid defensively but there was no soul, energy, urgency, idea's in this team.

1 minute ago, Djemba_Villan said:

We’re playing the best out of the bottom 5. But I think they have the sort of players to pull off unlikely wins (likes of Dawson, Deaney etc.) 

Im avoiding the other games this weekend 

It's a shame we are shit against shit teams as well then aint it?

I sit here and I dont care. So used to watching a team and manager not showing that they care.  Players seem to be saying " I'm not great, so it doesn't matter"  They should be saying I will Kin show em. (like Hutton would have, rate him or not, he never gave up) 

I used to be so wound up before a derby, so upset if we lost  or buzzing if we won, because they used to show courage. The team act is if they dont care. Dean doesn't care of he would piss off and let some one else try , I have stopped caring.......................................................until next time 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It's astounding that anyone can defend this, absolutely mind blowing.

What did you expect today ? To win 4-0, lads spraying ball about Barca-esgue? Sometimes you just have to put your hands up and say we lost to a better team. Today was that day. 

• Like 1

That's why I don't watch this shower of shit anymore.  Refuse to allow these "professionals " ruin my mood every match day.  Smith is a joke and so are his coaching team. 

• Like 1

Just now, Robtaylor200 said:

I sit here and I dont care. So used to watching a team and manager not showing that they care.  Players seem to be saying " I'm not great, so it doesn't matter"  They should be saying I will Kin show em. (like Hutton would have, rate him or not, he never gave up) 

I used to be so wound up before a derby, so upset if we lost  or buzzing if we won, because they used to show courage. The team act is if they dont care. Dean doesn't care of he would piss off and let some one else try , I have stopped caring.......................................................until next time 

I feel more like the disappointed parent at the moment when the kid has done something wrong or not bothered.  You know they arent talented but you at least want to see effort.....

Not quite as crap as usual but still really, really crap.

Very little movement, aggression or effort. There still doesn’t seem to be a discernible gameplan. Players’ heads are down looking like every game is a chore and don’t look they’ve been drilled in any patterns of play. It’s kind of staggering that we’ve still got the same manager. He’s a good bloke but appears totally out of his depth.

I’ve only really got back into watching Villa regular over the last season and a half and this is reminding me why I stopped in the first place.

• Like 1

Just now, WakefieldVillan said:

What did you expect today ? To win 4-0, lads spraying ball about Barca-esgue? Sometimes you just have to put your hands up and say we lost to a better team. Today was that day. 

Yes thats exactly what I expected 😀.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, WakefieldVillan said:

Like i said I'm not disappointed we lost but the manner we lost....second half we just cruised in the game like a friendly, that's what has really disappointed me.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Djemba_Villan said:

We’re playing the best out of the bottom 5. But I think they have the sort of players to pull off unlikely wins (likes of Dawson, Deaney etc.) 

Im avoiding the other games this weekend 

That’s the shame about it, one win and we are in with a chance. It’s almost like some players want us down so they can leave for bigger things

9 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Who with?

Not sure, just saw Smith getting irate with someone. 

2 minutes ago, WakefieldVillan said:

Sometimes you just have to put your hands up and say we lost to a better team. Today was that day. 

Today was one of those days, happens an awful lot doesn't it.

They're all better than us, lads, don't worry about it. It's the taking part that counts, so let's just all enjoy ourselves. 

• Like 1

Â