Match Thread: Newcastle v Villa

limpid

How are we not winning this game!  Newcastle are at the beach and we are creating chances and then getting nowhere near.  We almost paid the price in the last ten minutes when Newcastle decided to wake up.  We desperately need Jack to wake up though, he's the one who can turn this game in our favour but seems asleep again so far.  

If nothing happens in the next 20 mins of play, throw on Davis as well for either Trez or El Ghazi and go for it because I'm not sure Newcastle want it and wont really try if we score first. 

It's a game that is in our hands to win.

• Like 1

Not good enough again, Newcastle are pretty much on the beach now as evidenced by some of their corners.

Luiz has been a bright spark at least. Grealish needs to step it up now, too quiet again. 

They are there for the taking if we can't win this we have next to no hope.

6/10, so better in the sense that we are at least trying to attack in this match, but we will probably pay for missing the chances we have created. Want to be proved wrong, but I can't help feeling that all too familiar sense of impending doom is likely to manifest in our defence at some point today. 

• Like 1

Same old same old, better team ,missed decent  chances to score which we will no doubt regret later in game, Newcastle are there for the taking, Grealish needs to get more involved been pretty quiet in last few games.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

VAR can award a yellow - just googled -sure I heard it couldn't 

It can award a yellow but I think it can’t check for a yellow if that makes sense. 

So that Douglas Luiz one was checked because they thought it was a red card but it wasn’t so gave him a yellow. 

They couldn’t refer it to VAR to check if a foul on Grealish was a yellow card or not

i think!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, AV82 said:

Say what you will about Trezeguet's ability or him gassing out but he runs his bollocks off.

Yes he's a fanny.

• Haha 1

Just now, Keyblade said:

Luiz has been sensational since the break. His positioning and shielding of the defence have been top notch.

He’s been one of the better players, not sure I’d agree with sensational...

Just now, Keyblade said:

Luiz has been sensational since the break. His positioning and shielding of the defence have been top notch.

Agreed - player of the restart - if there is such a thing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It can award a yellow but I think it can’t check for a yellow if that makes sense. 

So that Douglas Luiz one was checked because they thought it was a red card but it wasn’t so gave him a yellow. 

They couldn’t refer it to VAR to check if a foul on Grealish was a yellow card or not

i think!

This is right, but to add it's not necessarily because they thought it was a red, they can review any incident the officials don't see.

Just now, Davkaus said:

This is right, but to add it's not necessarily because they thought it was a red, they can review any incident the officials don't see.

Thank god they didnt do that for Sheff Utd's goal....

The whole VAR is too inconsistent of what they check and what they dont