Match Thread: Villa v Chelsea

limpid

The second biggest mistake in keeping Smith at the start of the season is not having an experienced number 2 in. Yes Terry was a world class defender captain kit wearing extraordinaire but he is more inexperienced than Smith at management and coaching. 

This feels like when I was a kid playing the best team in the league that best everyone 8 or 9 nil.

Just not even competitive.

And then all of a sudden we start playing football, wtf have we been doing for 85 mins 

• Like 1

Just now, Spoony said:

I feel like this sometimes. Only Grealish has any obviously quality when he fancies showing it. The rest are not PL players. 

“Not PL players” They are however professional footballers and Obviously you can’t polish a turd but these players are good enough for mid table PL. the problem is game management and tactics.

• Like 1

Just now, jjaacckk91 said:

This feels like when I was a kid playing the best team in the league that best everyone 8 or 9 nil.

Just not even competitive.

And then all of a sudden we start playing football, wtf have we been doing for 85 mins 

Lulling then into a false sense of security.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I feel like this sometimes. Only Grealish has any obviously quality when he fancies showing it. The rest are not PL players. 

Yep. 

I don't think smith is doing a great job but the idea we have the capability to be much better amazes me. 

This is not a premier league squad.