Match Thread: Villa v Chelsea

limpid

Just now, Villarocker said:

Be honest, did anyone expect us to not lose this? Even with a lead? We've done it all season and NOTHING has changed. 

Smith said he watched every game back and had managed to sit down with every player 1-to-1, which he doesn't ordinarily do - strangely. Nothing has changed, why? 

Because he is completely out of his depth at pl level.

As they always say about being a football fan “It’s the hope that kills you.” I have decided to give up on Aston Villa this season. Instead, I look forward with relish to next season in the Championship, with the owners paying to put Sean Dyche or Rafa Benitez in charge and the immediate bounce back.

1 minute ago, Villarocker said:

Be honest, did anyone expect us to not lose this? Even with a lead? We've done it all season and NOTHING has changed. 

Smith said he watched every game back and had managed to sit down with every player 1-to-1, which he doesn't ordinarily do - strangely. Nothing has changed, why? 

This is what has sealed it for me.

• Like 1

At the moment I'm sick of Wingers that if we get relegated I expect Smith to change things and get rid of Wingers indefinitely or get rid of Smith if he can not realise why we can't play them.

Just now, Brumstopdogs said:

So what exactly did Smith learn when he watched all our matches again?

That football is a game played with 11 a side, and the team in claret and blue lose a lot.

• Like 1

I honestly thought the lockdown would actually help us: we were so dog awful earlier this year that the break should have done some good for this club (apologies for being so crass when people have lost loved ones to this virus).

But no. It's the same crap. They look less coached than earlier in the year. Less drilled. Chelsea are hardly being particularly creative or dynamic. Yet, we are all over the place. We're  team in disarray. 

Sack him tomorrow, put the tea lady in charge, anyone will that can get a bit of pride into the players. 

• Like 1

Our midfield is non existent again. Too many games this season the just walk through us. We need a few mean players to pull this sorry lot together on the pitch. Oh yeh and a manager who knows his arse from his elbow please

• Like 1