Match Thread: Villa v Chelsea

limpid

Pressure is on NSWE now to make the right call in the summer with Smith and I think he has shown when the pressure is on he is a one dimensional Mid Championship level manager. 

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Smiths killed himself sorry

Yes I agree it's Smith being stubborn and ignorant to what's needs to happen and be done that's hurting Smith's career here at Villa.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dave-R said:

At the moment I'm sick of Wingers that if we get relegated I expect Smith to change things and get rid of Wingers indefinitely or get rid of Smith if he can not realise why we can't play them.

We could do with some wingers. You mean whingers.

• Confused 1

Says it all in how we've built the squad that Elmohamady is probably best option off the bench now, he will at least get in some decent crosses that Samatta may get on end of.

Been clueless with what to do since Chelsea's second.

Disappointing from the manager again aswell. Surely Nakamba should've been on at 1-0 once they put Pulisic and Barkley on.

5 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Be honest, did anyone expect us to not lose this? Even with a lead? We've done it all season and NOTHING has changed. 

Smith said he watched every game back and had managed to sit down with every player 1-to-1, which he doesn't ordinarily do - strangely. Nothing has changed, why? 

TBH I didn't expect to get anything from this game, but I didn't expect us to basically let them win.

3 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

16% ball possession in the second half. 

That is a really damning statistic it really is.  You can't get anything out of a game where you have 16% possession.   No way, not at any level.