Match Thread: Villa v Chelsea

limpid

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

I'm just stunned at how highly our players are rated on here. 

What have you seen? Can someone tell me. 

Who chooses our style of play and sets the team up tactically the players of the manager? Players may be poor but they are let down by smith’s ability as a manager to make positive changes or set the team up in response to the opposition. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

At least we're not Leeds.

In the Premier league next season with Bielsa and Qatari money (possibly) whilst we're toying in the championship. You won't be mocking them then.

• Like 1

Just now, penguin said:

28% possession according to 365. 

They are undoubtedly the superior side but we haven’t come to compete at all today. Embarrassing performance.

Smiths learnt a lot apparently during lcok down

Just now, Sulberto21 said:

In the Premier league next season with Bielsa and Qatari money (possibly) whilst we're toying in the championship. You won't be mocking them then.

I was mocking us :)

Just now, Eastie said:

Only hope is make change of manager now and hope for new manager bounce even if it means giving JT it for 8 games 

yes i would ! If nothing else he may inspire them , by threatening to attend the wives and girlfriends Christmas party

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, DCJonah said:

Yep. 

I don't think smith is doing a great job but the idea we have the capability to be much better amazes me. 

This is not a premier league squad.

Are we players that worse than Sheffield United ? Or is the manager the big difference , smith has been a disaster this season 

• Like 1

No fight in this lot, they let them selves down and let each other down. 

Luiz should be pleased with his performance and should tell those lot to sort it out.

I'd be happy with a draw at this rate, doubt its going to happen though.

Chelsea are undoubtedly superior in every single department but to get into a winning position and then not make substitutions to give us a chance of competing is negligent. 

We’ve been battered today and Smith can hide behind that, but he cost us with his game management (again). 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Yep. 

I don't think smith is doing a great job but the idea we have the capability to be much better amazes me. 

This is not a premier league squad.

This squad with the right manager should survive one season in the Premier league. 

Just now, Eastie said:

Are we players that worse than Sheffield United ? Or is the manager the big difference , smith has been a disaster this season 

I mean that's just laughable. 

You use a team who have done extremely well to claim smith is shit and the idea he's been a disaster is just crazy.

• Like 1