Aaron Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

11 hours ago, tinker said:

He's a good player , needs game time and he ain't getting it at Burnley atm,  today ain't gonna help him but he was unlucky, definite penalty but Durans timing was perfect. 

Needs that experience to know to just boot it out rather than take that touch 

Not looking a good move right now 

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

ACL? Did he come and see his brother this week and catch ACLitus when here?

The curse even strikes our former players.

• Haha 1

Something needs be done about these ACL injuries....am guessing its a boot thing but no way they can just spring up like this

Was a problem in womens football as well

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Something needs be done about these ACL injuries....am guessing its a boot thing but no way they can just spring up like this

This was a caused by a horrific tackle. Not sure why the twitter bloke is claiming non contact injury.  The tackle from behind caused the contact of Ramsey's foot with the turf and the injury. As @fightoffyoursays, not even given as a foul, when it should have been a minimum yellow card.

Just hope it's not as bad as it looked. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Zatman said:

How can it be a boot thing? Do you mean losing grip/balance?

14 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

How can it be a boot thing? Do you mean losing grip/balance?

I dont really know but it might be something in the equipment that is making these injuries more common. I think I read that was only four ACL injuries reported in the league all last season

I might be wrong and maybe its a different issue but its a worry I think. 

On 18/02/2024 at 12:14, Zatman said:

I dont really know but it might be something in the equipment that is making these injuries more common. I think I read that was only four ACL injuries reported in the league all last season

I might be wrong and maybe its a different issue but its a worry I think. 

I think over the long course of time ACL injuries have always been happening at the same rate. It's not a new phenomenon or a sudden increased frequency. It's just seems worse for us because we've had three in one season.

The difference now is that usually you can make a complete recovery from and ACL, in the past that wasn't the case. 

Edited by villa89

Â