Aaron Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

6 hours ago, KAZZAM said:

Selling of our promising youth just to cheese FFP. 

Sad tbh. 

Has more of a chance at "making it" this way than rotting away in our reserves or perpetual loans to the Champo. Plus we can always bring him back if he actually does become that good. Everybody involved wins.

• Like 2

The more players from our academy playing premier league or championship football, the better, as we will become a more attractive proposition nationally and globally . The problem starts when they are playing for a better team than us, then Monchi and Emery have dropped a cod ( hence the buy back clause). If AJ had been a couple of years older, he may well be a first team regular like his brother. He may well still be with the buy back clause, so it is up to him to prove he should be playing for Villa not Burnley.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

I really didn't notice him at all after he came on.

We definitely got the much better Ramsey.

I did, he seems to have that good AMC trait to actually jog or amble around a bit which means that he looks slower than everyone else but it positions him in between the lines which is exactly where he should be, they didn't do much to get him on the ball, probably understandable given its his first week, played 1 really well weighted ball in behind the RB releasing redmond other than that not a fat lot

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Pinebro said:

I really didn't notice him at all after he came on.

We definitely got the much better Ramsey.

Not a good game to judge him on. Needs a week to train and start a few games before we can see what he is about.

I think he will be a good aigning for them

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Not a good game to judge him on. Needs a week to train and start a few games before we can see what he is about.

I think he will be a good aigning for them

Exactly, first game, a few days after moving, playing against his childhood club in a game where his new club are already down and out. 

Judge him later in the season.

Edited by TheStagMan
  • Like 1

What we saw from him is exactly why he was sold, he needs time to develop into a Premier league player. Its a tough ask in that Burnley team but I think he's more than capable of it if they can stabilise themselves enough to give him a platform. 

• Like 1

Making his first start tonight

He's new to Premier League football, so isn't going to look like a world beater to begin with, if he's looking like he's not out of place at this level then that will be a good start.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Â