Aaron Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

Just now, villa89 said:

To be fair it would be interesting to see how both would do next season in the championship. Both Burnley and Sheff Utd. are out of their depth in this league, very hard for a young player to impress at those clubs this season. 

I just think we tend to overrate our youngsters.

Jacob is playing because he stood out from the rest.

Wish them all the best but if Emery judged them not good enough for us then I am fully trusting him.

5 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Wish them all the best but if Emery judged them not good enough for us then I am fully trusting him.

Because the desire and want for them to do well is so high, I think deep down even with modern football there's still the romanticism of our youngsters making it here and smashing it

Its depressing how many don't

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Because the desire and want for them to do well is so high, I think deep down even with modern football there's still the romanticism of our youngsters making it here and smashing it

Its depressing how many don't

If we were a bottom 5 club they prob would be playing but considering where Emery has taken us it will  be almost impossible unless they are freak talents like Grealish or JJ who will force their way in.

7 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

If we were a bottom 5 club they prob would be playing but considering where Emery has taken us it will  be almost impossible unless they are freak talents like Grealish or JJ who will force their way in.

Theres a few for me at the moment

I'd like tim to come in for dendoncker and think his injury gives him a interesting opportunity

I'd like one of the CBs to make it seeing as we have 4 decent ones

Wilson as a striker does seem like that level of talent

Kellyman and young

Like I said, big part of football for me

43 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Everybody overrates the youngsters. How many Liverpool youth strikers broke through after breaking Robbie Fowler goal record and never achieved anything

Its just an excitement fans get to see a youngster do well

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pinebro said:

Not gone well for Ramsey and Archer has it.

Turns out Emery knows what he is doing and knows how to analyse a player.

Yep both for the scrapheap because they've not in their first taste of PL football in two dogshit teams ripped up any trees by October.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, villa89 said:

Agreed. And we over rated a lot of our first team squad too.

Depending on when you're talking about this could be either true or false . . . most recently, we *under*-rated our players; there's no way most people 12 months ago would have believed that largely the same group of players had it in them to be challenging for a Champions League place. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Depending on when you're talking about this could be either true or false . . . most recently, we *under*-rated our players; there's no way most people 12 months ago would have believed that largely the same group of players had it in them to be challenging for a Champions League place. 

Yep all the talk before Unai came in was that our players were a bunch of losers and a rebuild was required 😂

• Like 1

Aaron Ramsey can't be considered overrated, as he's performed to an high standard at every level he's played at, U18s, 21s, international youth football, League One, and in the Championship, that's why Burnley paid ten million plus in the first place, and why we've retained a buyback clause, he isn't typical of the academy player that fans overrate based on not much, he's actually achieved a lot for his age, and him being rated is well warranted.

Can't really judge him based on this season as he's had injury problems limiting his game time, also aways going to hard in a struggling team, Philogene is doing well in the Championship, and people are calling for us to exercise buyback, or panicking that we don't have such a buyback, but if Aaron Ramsey was in the Championship he would be doing just as well, if not better, and if Philogene was in struggling Burnley team he wouldn't look as good as he does at Championship level.

Jacob Ramsey getting referenced as if he looked like a superstar from the beginning, so it was always known that he would make it with us, similar to Grealish, Jacob was a standout at academy level, so there were always high hopes for him, but the same was true for Aaron Ramsey who at academy level looked just as good as his brother, if not better, Aaron was part of one of the best if not the best academy teams in this country, and he was one of the best two or three players in that team, a player highly rated not just by Villa fans, but followers of youth football in general.

Also when Jacob first broke into our team many were questioning him, in fact that was still going on well into last season, he didn't come into the first team and look as good as he does now, many were questioning him, 'what does he do', 'I just don't see it', and so on, that was still going on into last season, point being you have to be patient with these young players, most of them aren't going to look like world beaters straight away.

Academy players can get overrated by fans, we've probably got a few at the club at the moment, but Aaron Ramsey shouldn't really fall into that category, as he's more than earned the praise he's got, again he's got a big money Premier League move at the age of nineteen, and would have cost more if it wasn't for the buyback, that hasn't happened for nothing, it's because he's very highly rated in general, and not just by Villa fans.

It's a huge step up though the prem league to international youth levels and the championship. Burnley signed a load of players but no gritty players like Tro likes and so without that backbone and the huge step up to the Premier League, it was always going to be a problem.

Things could change if they get rid of Kompany.

My point isn't that he's definitely going to make it at Premier League level, it's that he's pretty much on a completely different level to the typical Aston Villa academy player that has been overrated in the past, so he can't really be compared to them, players like O'Hare and Hepburn-Murphy for example, he's on another level to at the same stage of their careers, the only real recent comparisons to him in terms of ability and achievement at academy level are Chukwuemeka and Jacob Ramsey, and I guess Iroegbunam, he's well deserving of the hype he's had, doesn't mean he's definitely going ot make it at the top level, but he's on the right trajectory. 

He's picked up another knock and not going to be available again for this weekend and needs time to recover, not sure if he will be back in time for the next England U21 game, the way it's going injuries could be his biggest obstacle.

• 1 month later...
30 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Not well liked by the Burnley fans. Lightweight and a liability in central midfield is the general consensus. I guess there is some recency bias in there as well due to the penalty and i hope he can turn it round . 

Wasn't he supposed to be the more talented of the brothers whilst at the academy?

Suggests to me that Jacob is a far better trainer. Talent isn't everything. Hard work will beat it most times

I had a look on their forum before the game and a number of them were calling for him to start, of course after he gave away a penalty that's going to draw out the negative comments.

There's probably an element of truth to him lacking physicallity, that's just something he's going to have to overcome.

But it's way too early to be judging him based on what's happened at Burnley, he missed most of pre-season thorugh injury and then had another injury at the start of the season, as a result has only played about five games worth of football for them, that's not enough to judge a young player of his age, and playing in a poor team.

Â