Aaron Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

33 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Wasn't he supposed to be the more talented of the brothers whilst at the academy?

Suggests to me that Jacob is a far better trainer. Talent isn't everything. Hard work will beat it most times

The younger brother is always supposedly the better talent. Everywhere. And it hardly ever seems to be the case

• Like 3

Just now, Stevo985 said:

The younger brother is always supposedly the better talent. Everywhere. And it hardly ever seems to be the case

Yeh.

Fabio was supposed to be the bigger talent too than Rafael

16 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

If you are the youngest of 3 or more brothers then you will always be the toughest. No guarantee that you will be the most talented though. 

58 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Wasn't he supposed to be the more talented of the brothers whilst at the academy?

Suggests to me that Jacob is a far better trainer. Talent isn't everything. Hard work will beat it most times

Literally every brother combo we've ever had people have claimed that the younger brother is the more talented. They literally never are, I don't know why people keep saying it.

Edited by sidcow

35 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Literally every brother combo we've ever had people have claimed that the younger brother is the more talented. They literally never are, I don't know why people keep saying it.

This was exactly my point

36 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Bobby and Jack. Trying to think of others where the younger is better or more talented. Michael Laudrup was more talented than his younger brother Brian.  What about the Moore brothers?

• Like 1

There are plenty of examples where the younger brother is better, Seb Revan, Kesler-Hayden, Archer, and that's just a few recent ones from our academy, people just focusing on a few famous examples and using that as a sweeping judgement.

Also doesn't really matter if Aaron is better than Jacob or not, he doesn't have to be as good to be a good player and have a good career, he's only twenty already had a good season at Championship level, been bought for big money by a Premier League side, and we retained an option to buy him back, it's hardly as if it's going disasterouslyasy for him in the picture bigger.

Before his injury people were calling for us to buy Philogene back, I'm pretty sure if Aaron was in the Championship he would have been doing just as well, and if he's still at Burnley in the Championship next season, can see him doing well and people calling for us to resign him then

Reminds me of the small heath fans who thought £1.5m raising to £3m was a good fee for Jobe Bellingham just because he wasn't as good as his brother at the same age, completely ignoring the fact he was and is one of the best players in his age group in the country, and had already shown he was competent for them as a seventeen year old at Championship level, doesn't matter if he isn't as good as Jude Bellingham, he's still a damn good prospect, and Sunderland will probably make a lot of money on him when he goes to a top club, a shame he's got that small heath connection, as would actually be a good signing for us

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Completely agree.

My younger brother signed up to the forum years ago, and not only has he never actually made a post, but he still only reads On Topic. 

Younger brother's are clearly useless. 

• Haha 2

Most professional footballers *are* the younger brother in the family. It's not just footballers, in general, Elite Athletes in most sports are more likely to have older siblings.*

The younger brother is normally more talented.

Just so happens that when the older brother is already Super Talented enough to make it themselves and as a nation we hype our young footballers (whatever their nationality) into oblivion, the younger ones never get the chance to grow into their game or succumb to the pressure.

*https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/why-are-great-athletes-more-likely-to-be-the-younger-siblings/amp/

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

If look statistically younger brothers are usually better at sport than their older sibling. This is because they are competing with someone bigger than them right from a young age and this helps their development. It's widely known. Of course it's not always the case but in general it holds true. 

7 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Luke Moore was better than Stefan, though they might not count because they were both **** shite. 

Do you remember when for a brief moment it looked like Stefan might turn out to be really good, but then he never improved one iota and ended up at Halesowen Town?

No disrespect to Halesowen Town by the way, I used to play for their youth team (Up the Yeltz).

• Like 1

Â