Aaron Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

1 minute ago, Ginko said:

Begs the question: why couldn’t Deano get us flying high in the Championship? I know he took us on that amazing run, but we really should have been challenging for the top.

As for Ramsey, I’m glad to see him doing so well. Love to see him and JJ as regulars in the starting eleven in a couple of seasons time.

Might have had something to do with the league position when he took over and the fact that 50% of the squad that he inherited were right backs. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Ginko said:

Those certainly didn’t help, but in my opinion we still should have been more comfortable.

Fair enough you’re entitled to your opinion, but my opinion after reading this is - you’re a crazy man!😄

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ginko said:

Those certainly didn’t help, but in my opinion we still should have been more comfortable.

If we started the season with Smith we likely would have been. For one, we wouldn't have had a crippled defence which was one of the main reasons we went on that bad run in early 2019, and also because the PPG ratio under Smith (bad run included) would have put us even above the supposedly great Leeds in 3rd. 

On topic though, Ramsey looks like he'll be playing a big role in a promotion charge of his own this season, which can only be a great experience. 

Fair enough, you’ve all convinced me I must be misremembering some key facts!

For what it’s worth, I did like Deano as our manager, and I thought he did a great job. I just think I expected us to be challenging for the automatic promotion spots when we were in the Championship.

Whatever. He got us promoted and that’s all that matters. Glad to see he’s doing well at Norwich. As is Ramsey, from the sounds.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Thug said:

Taking over from low in confidence team, and with the same players completely changing the fortune of the club.

What he did was almost miraculous, let alone wanting more!

EDAC16EB-4F55-44FA-9AA0-5CC7444E0F1A.jpeg

As someone who recently turned 30 years old, this was probably the most enjoyable period I've had supporting the Villa. 

Coupled with keeping us up the next season, getting us to a cup final (where we gave a good account of ourselves) and the scintillating football we played the first half of the Covid season, I'll always have a soft spot for him.

I'm convinced there's an alternative universe where we don't have the Covid outbreak before Christmas and Grealish doesn't get injured, with us making a serious charge on the top 6. We looked real contenders until then.

Glad to see Smith doing well at Norwich

• Like 2

assist is in there and there's some good glimpses of his movement and running, looks like he's got an engine on him, maybe a kind of 10 that we havent had in god knows how long, there's some lampard / young dele alli bursting in to the box type stuff in there they just never pick him out

• Like 2

Just watched the highlights.

I watched him a few times last season when he was on loan at Cheltenham, he looks like a much better player this season. The loan last season seems to have served him well for his development.

Good to see him improving and becoming the player many at the club believe he will be.

Â