Aaron Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

49 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Norwich been shafted for some reason 😂

Sacked Deano innit.

I think what's happened is AJ is recovering quicker and Boro are happy to loan him and let him finish his rehab at Villa and link up with them when fit. 

Norwich probably wanted to free up a loan space. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

They sacked Dean Smith so it makes sense to recall him from Norwich. Sending him to biro makes sense because him Archer obviously have a connection from the u-21s and should help each other thrive there. 

Would he and Archer have played that much? I genuinely don’t know, but as Archer has been on loan a couple of seasons and is older than Ramsey, it may not be much. 

Edited by mikeyp102

Glad to see he's not injured for the rest of the season as was rumoured, that would have been a big shame in of itself but even more so if it meant him missing the U20 World Cup as well.

Good reflection on how well he did at Norwich that he's got another move to one of the better Championship teams, Middlesbrough might be an harder team to get into but even if he's playing just some of the time it will be benificial for him.

I think he and Archer played a number of games together for our U21s, first half of last season, before that not so much I don't think, but they will probably know each other well training and the little they did play together so can only help.

• Thanks 1

Just seen that Duncan Watmore has gone to Millwall, which seems a little strange as he made twenty plus appearances for them in the league, scoring five and assisting two, I think Ramsey will be his replacement, Ramsey more of a technical player so maybe they think he will suit the style they're trying to play under Carrick better.

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

Would he and Archer have okayed that much? I genuinely don’t know, but as Archer has been on loan a couple of seasons and is older than Ramsey, it may not be much. 

I think they played together for like 6 months. And during that time they worked quite nicely I thought And they probably known each other for a while given Jacob and Cameron are the same age. Aaron probably met his teammates. 

• Thanks 1

Interesting. I wonder if he recovered a lot more rapidly than predicted or his injury wasn't as bad as we were lead to believe.

Granted I can see why Villa would recall once Smith was gone. It's unlikely the next manager, whoever that would be, would have deployed him as the main creative lynchpin in the team like Smith was.

6 minutes ago, Naaaaarch said:

Interesting. I wonder if he recovered a lot more rapidly than predicted or his injury wasn't as bad as we were lead to believe.

Granted I can see why Villa would recall once Smith was gone. It's unlikely the next manager, whoever that would be, would have deployed him as the main creative lynchpin in the team like Smith was.

Similar thing happened with Konsa last season, he had a knee injury and was expected to be out 16 weeks and was back training in 5 and playing again. I don't understand it myself tbh

Before he was recalled only Pukki and Sargent had provied more goals and assists combined, pretty sure I read that Ramsey had some of the best stats in the league for 'big chances' created as well, so I don't thinkNorwich would have wanted to lose him, and I don't see any reason why a new manager wouldn't have wanted to use him, even if planning to strengthen in attack this window.

Very naive to think that Smith only took him because he's a Villa player, in reality it doesn't work like that, Smith not going to take players unless he thinks they're good enough, it wasn't to do us or the player a favor, he will have wanted someone who he thought could help him win games, and Ramsey proved that he could do that, the fact that he's now gone to Middlesbrough shows he did more than well enough.

Oh I'm not one of those Norwich fans claiming that Ramsey's position in the team was completely undeserved or straight up nepotism, I think the whole situation was a lot more nuanced than that. I just don't think he'd have been made creator and chief under any other manager.

I actually think we'd have gotten a lot more out of Ramsey had we played him in a 3, probably centrally, behind the striker. The most obvious positive in his game was his natural ability to find space.

Reality is, we've not missed him since he's gone back despite his okay numbers.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, useless said:

Just seen that Duncan Watmore has gone to Millwall, which seems a little strange as he made twenty plus appearances for them in the league, scoring five and assisting two, I think Ramsey will be his replacement, Ramsey more of a technical player so maybe they think he will suit the style they're trying to play under Carrick better.

Watmkre hasn’t started a game for them since December. If Ramsey is a replacement for him, he’d be on the bench.

if he’s getting into the team, he’d be replacing one of the wingers.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

7 hours ago, useless said:

Middlesbrough might be an harder team to get into but even if he's playing just some of the time it will be benificial for him.

So what? He probably will be on the bench to begin with, they're in amazing form isn't going to walk straight into the team, but that they want him at all and obviously think he can help them shows how well he's done and I'm sure he will get a decent amount of game time.

Besides a player can replace another player in a squad but doesn't mean to say they're going to play the same amount of game time as the player they've replaced, Moreno replaces Augustinsson in our squad, but Moreno is going to play more than Augustinsson did.

Â