Aaron Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

From the admittedly little I've seen of them last season I thought one of Norwichs biggest problems was they moved the ball too slowly, meant that you could defend deep or pack the box and they were completely useless, I'm sure a few of us watched that Newcastle game before Xmas where they maybe could have put the nail in their coffin and looked awful vs 10 men 

Ramsey will do that for them, might not pay off every time and I think his passing stats might take a bashing as he's trying different things but at least he'll be trying 

And FWIW I thought it was usually Chelseas Billy Gilmour taking an extra 3 touches and picking the 4th pass he saw that caused them to look so slow 

Not meant as a dig to the lad, but his game reminds me of Lingard.

Find space all the time, a right pain in the arse around the box because he's always making awkward, dangerous runs and being in possession inside the 18 yards.

Plenty of time of course but he's going to have to grow a bit or show he's really really good to make it as a PL player IMO. It's so tough these days. His brother has a bit more physicality to fall back on, and if you don't have that to fall back on you need to really shine technically.

Up the AJ, go get 20 goals and fire Norwich to promotion.

Wish we didnt loan him to Norwich, their fans are all in the Cuckoo's nest and dont deserve Ramsey. they should stick to developing their own crappy youngsters like their fans are suggesting  

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

but what about Rashica?

Rashica cod be great for them, I really thought he'd be a bit of a big fish in their small pond but just hasn't happened for him yet.

They aren't the minnows in that league though, so while he might find the quality more suitable to him, he might get doubled up on by defenders trying to mussel him out of the game.

I actually think him and AJ gill work well together. AJ plays some clever passes and with Rashica's quick burst of plaice to get in behind defenders I think they may work well together.

Especially if AJ can learn Grealish's trick to holding the ball and making defenders take the bait and get drawn in to him, will open up some space for Rashica to make the most of.

Up to AJ to prove he can do it though, gotta take his opportunity, Carp-e Diem!

Fin.

• Haha 1

Great news that he's signed a contract, after Carney this was the one I was hoping for the most, in general we've done well in that regard recently, with Marschall, Sinisalo, Bogarde, Tommi O'Reilly, Feeney, Philogene, Archer and now Aaron all signing new deals.

• Like 1

Literally the best move he could make. Deano like. I can imagine how chuffed the lad is. His brother Jacob too. Going to the Championship to work for your old boss who believed so much in your brothers talent and gave you lots of time in pre season last summer. Both Villa fans too. 

I hope he has a massive season there. He has all the talent in the world, the mid season break will be good for him too. He turns 20 in Jan and if he's like his brother he'll bulk up and grow this season. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Rich192 said:

Absolutely, but this is to a team chasing promotion, it’s a massive step up!

You have to put faith in (1) that the people loaning him out see him every day and can judge his ability and (2) the guy loaning him in was our manager 9 months ago so has a pretty good idea what he’s getting. Up to him now to stake a claim there.

13 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Not meant as a dig to the lad, but his game reminds me of Lingard.

I like to make fun of Lingard as much as the next man (and I know you weren’t in your post) but if AJ plays 200+ PL games, 30+ times for England and wins the FA Cup, League Cup and Europa League including scoring key goals in the finals at Wembley he’ll think he’s done ok :)

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

I like to make fun of Lingard as much as the next man (and I know you weren’t in your post) but if AJ plays 200+ PL games, 30+ times for England and wins the FA Cup, League Cup and Europa League including scoring key goals in the finals at Wembley he’ll think he’s done ok :)

And 3000 Tiktoks a week

• Haha 1

Â