Aaron Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

You've always had the feeling his the best talent to come through our academy since Jack. Always had the reputation to be that good a prospect. I'd give him one more season on loan or potentially keep him around the first team next season until Jan when he can go on loan for game time. 

On 07/03/2023 at 07:05, Zatman said:

Only allowed one loan per Premier League club

The Januzaj rule 😛

Brief tangent ... BBC subtitles ruined his name for me forever. From that day forth he was known as Janet jazz jazz jam.

Screen-shot-2014-02-11-at-10.45.15.png?r

• Haha 4

He moves and dribbles just like his brother. He seems like he's bulked up since I've last seen him too.

Also loved seeing Archer bully that gigantic defender before passing it to AJ. Can't wait to see them both back here.

• Like 1

He's only just turned 20 i think, so to be more than holding his own in the Championship and bodes very well.

6 goals and 3 assists for Norwich and Boro combined in 23 appearances, but he's only started 15 of those.

17 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Or - bring them back and integrate them carefully into our first team.

Definitely.  All 3 have more than held there own in the Championship at young ages. Ramsey more than most and younger.

I don't see the benefit in giving him a potential PL loan next season. They rarely work out unless you're a superstar. Club will bench you and spend 30m at the drop of a hat.

Get them around the first team. Give them minutes. Take some responsibility to develop.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Or - bring them back and integrate them carefully into our first team.

There will be space on the bench even if we sign someone like Guendouzi.

Sanson and Nakamba surely going in the summer so we can just replace them with Tim and Ramsey. 

See if both can make some impact in opening games in August and then loan them out on transfer deadline day if needs be but the pathway should be there in a way it wasn't under the previous manager.

His brother is textbook example of how to integrate a young player into premier league squad over 12 month period aswell so he can see the pathway straight away.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 2

He played brilliantly today, could have scored a few more, not bad misses from him though just difficult chances, some that he created himself after dribbling past Swansea players, nearly scored a great goal doing that, cut inside after a good run, but shot from edge of the box just went over the bar, was unlucky not to get a few assists as well. Middlesbrough fans raving about him, have seen them comparing him to Musiala and Juninho.

• Like 1

Â