Aaron Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

He or any other players might not be going to U20 World Cup, whether available or not, Indonesian FA have cancelled draw scheduled for this coming Friday, seemingly in some sort of protest at Israel's involvement, and have apparently said they might even cancel the tournament.

Looking into it more there seems to be rumours it could be moved to Qatar.

• Thanks 1

On 19/03/2023 at 09:26, Dynamo Kev said:

dropped to bench at the weekend, not dropped but more rotated out after a 3 game week. archer stepped up and scored 2. about time he scored again. 

both are young boys and need time to develop. i'm sure both have bright futures. probably at top champo teams minimum. good players, potentially much better.

Consistency is the target for young players, they tend to be a bit in and out, in their formative years.

Its all about opportunities....playing with better players, helps to make you better, they will learn well at a good team like 'Borough.

If they get a chance in the Prem with us, that again will help them, too.

Its hard to break in to a Premier League team, Like his brother Jacob,has,  but if you can, the chances are, playing with better players, brings you on.

If I was a betting man, I would say Aaron will make the grade, like his brother.

13 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Well today has shown how rapid AJ is. He is as quick as his brother.

sticking my neck out.....I think he will make it with us.

He played well today, especially second half, looked like one of England's most dangerous players, unlucky not to get a few assists and could have scored as well. Not just his attacking game, but his overall play is good too, looks after the ball very well, even when receiving it in difficult circumstances.

Not sure why Iroegbunam didn't come on, didn't see full squad list for today, maybe picked up a knock so wasn't risked, Alfie Devine looks a neat and tidy player and has some good moments, plus I think is younger than the rest so playing an age up and possibly more to come from him, but can't help feel that best midfield would be Iroegbunam, Scott, and Chukwuemeka, but I think midifeld that started today will be first choice going into World Cup, presuming Chelsea allow Chukwuemeka to leave their season early.

I think it's still up in the air as to whether the competition will even go ahead, might have to find a new host if possible.

• Like 2

AJ's movement is excellent for a young player, either dropping into that inside left position and getting the ball into feet or spinning in behind the full back. He got in behind about three or four times today. I wonder if he has worked with Ashley Young on this as he was always good at making space for himself on the left wing.

He works a little too hard off the ball sometimes. It's great for the team but it's harder to concentrate on finishing a chance when you are tired.

On 28/03/2023 at 17:09, useless said:

I think it's still up in the air as to whether the competition will even go ahead, might have to find a new host if possible.

FIFA have announced that Indonesia are no longer going to host the competition and that they're going to announce a new host as soon as possible.Of course might not affect Ramsey anyway as can't go if Middlesbrough are in the play-offs. A shame they're saying dates unlikey to be changed, as seemed a strange decision to begin with for them to play it before domestic season finishes.

Middlesbrough lose and Sheffield United win.

Looking more likely now that he won't be going to U20 World Cup, the obvious thing to do would be to just replace him with James McAtee and then give McAtee's place in the U21s to another player, possible Aaron if he has a good end to the season, but whether they will actually do that I'm not sure, they might just McAtee with the U21s whatever happens.

Regardless of what happens with internationals, Championship Play-Offs going to be a big experience for him if that's where Middlesbrough end up, and for Archer too.

1 hour ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Ramsey and Archer start for Boro on the teevee at 8 . Should be an open game . 

Tough game for both. Burnley too good.
I'd keep Ramsey for Europe next season
If we can get 15Mil for Archer in the summer I would be over the moon

6 minutes ago, SecretVillaScout said:

Tough game for both. Burnley too good.
I'd keep Ramsey for Europe next season
If we can get 15Mil for Archer in the summer I would be over the moon

Where does he fit in Emery’s system? Is he more advanced than JJ?

Ramsey is playing well, hasn't had much opportunity to do anything in the final third but is keeping ball well for the most part in genral play, he's probably been their best player, but that doesn't say much as they've been poor as a team, too many over hit balls.

I wouldn't be surprised if they subbed Archer off, as probably could do with an extra player in midfield, either that or ask Akpom to drop deeper.

Overall had quite an average game, didn't do much wrong but wasn't able to influence the game in final third, not really his fault just the way the game went and the strengh of the opposition, was having to do a lot of tracking back, still shows a lot of promise though, as so many times receives the ball in situations where a lot if not most players would lose it, but he usally always does well and keeps possession, I wouldn't be surprised to see him rested on Monday, didn't see last ten minutes, but seemed to fade as the game went on before that.

Archer had a quiet game, but would be reluctant to say he played poorly, was more he couldn't get into the game as the service wasn't great, and Middesbrough just weren't seeing much of the ball in areas that he would occupy, he did win the penalty for them though.

Â