Pre Match Thread

GingerCollins29

8 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Quite surprised to see Reina on the bench. He caught Coronavirus fairly badly in March and recovery times are quite long in many cases.

Goalkeepers famously run a lot don't they? 

10 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

That from what I remember they have outrun us statistically in every game we have played against them in recent years and that Wilder has built a team of not only very technically capable players but extremely hard working ones, who if aren't at peak fitness are pretty much discarded by Wilder.

This is day 1 of the new era, we’ve got no idea how we’re going to match up fitness wise until we see them play (you’re still probably right though).

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Knew Smith would revert back to 4-3-3 once McGinn was back.

Or is it 4-5-1?.....just depends on how the game pans out.

we have to win our unfair share of the personal duels...and see where it takes us.

Fleck being out is a filip for us.....McGinn to take advantage of that.

Isn't Reina gone at the end of the month?

Makes sense to play Nyland throughout this run in, hopefully build up some confidence and understanding with the defence 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

The main reason I've never EVER had Skyscumsport. Obviously I've seen it in pubs and at family and friends houses, but proud to say I have never put any money in those Top 4 rimmers' pockets.

That’s a commendable approach. However since I moved 460 miles away from Villa Park I finally succumbed and gave what used to be my season ticket money to the Evil Empire.

I watch every game in a hair shirt and get the wife to give me a damn good thrashing after the game. Although the last bit is a different story altogether and only after a night match. 

2 minutes ago, LancsVillan said:

as expected 35mins til we kick off and Sky Main Event is all City v Arse......

More people should boycott them. Arseholes.

4 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Luiz at DM terrifies me. Hopefully back four gets more protection with John back 

Then fear not sir, it'll be the man mountain Hourihane.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Not impressed by that team selection 

I’ll hang fire on the Smith out stuff just in case we win 8-0 but ....yuck 

Sit down, grab a shandy and be pleasantly surprised. The one thing CH does give is a decent working relationship with SJM and Jack.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jimzk5 said:

The only thing I'm confident of is david mcgoldrick scoring against us, a striker who hasn't got a goal this season 

Don't.