Pre Match Thread

GingerCollins29

34 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

Reading all these comments about being extremely nervous and the like. I get it and thought I would be the same if we would get underway again. However, I'm not. It barely crosses my mind we have a game tomorrow.

It's on sky, I would usually be doing all I could to make sure I could watch it and telling the mrs I'll be watching the villa. I haven't, I won't watch. The only way I'll see the result is if a friend or family message in celebration or piss taking. It's not football as I know it and I don't like it. 

I can't be the only one?

I’ll still watch it but it all feels a bit empty.

On 15/06/2020 at 08:31, alreadyexists said:

Stats

Sheff Utd rank the lowest for shots this season, with only 286, which is just over 10 per game on average. They seem to have one nilled many of their wins.  If we can keep a clean sheet, then I think we stand a chance of points.

This is a classic. 🤣

• Haha 4

I'm feeling a little uneasy about tomorrow night, I've been watching a fair bit of BCD football from the other leagues and found it so difficult to get into the games. Maybe it's just so long without watching football I've lost my viewer's match fitness 😜

Wouldn't it be brilliant to start with a win, especially for Deano after losing his father recently. Sometimes it feels like things are meant to be, and this is one of them. It would be brilliant for the club and for Smith to keep this grand club in the top flight, and I'm sure his loss will have sharpened his resolve to turn things around.

-------------------------------- Nyland--------------------------------

---Guilbert--------Engels-------Mings----------Targett---

-----------------------Luiz----------McGinn--------------------

---Trezeguet-----------Grealish---------------El Ghazi----

-----------------------------Samatta---------------------------------

• Like 2

5 hours ago, villalad21 said:

We have. But that got more to do with the instructions rather than the formation.

If Dean is telling his midfielders to get in the box we'll leave ourselves exposed whenever we lose the ball.

Also i can't see how removing a midfielder is helping us keeping hold of the ball more.

I have no idea, what the manager is telling them or what they are capable of....but I do know before lockdown, we were making it far too easy for the opposition to function....and that issue has not been addressed after 25 games.

what is been worked on at BMH, I am stumped.

for me the problems are glaring......the solutions are less clear.....but thats what we have well paid managers for.....to deal with these things.

1 hour ago, MadridVilla said:

I'm feeling a little uneasy about tomorrow night, I've been watching a fair bit of BCD football from the other leagues and found it so difficult to get into the games. Maybe it's just so long without watching football I've lost my viewer's match fitness 😜

Wouldn't it be brilliant to start with a win, especially for Deano after losing his father recently. Sometimes it feels like things are meant to be, and this is one of them. It would be brilliant for the club and for Smith to keep this grand club in the top flight, and I'm sure his loss will have sharpened his resolve to turn things around.

-------------------------------- Nyland--------------------------------

---Guilbert--------Engels-------Mings----------Targett---

-----------------------Luiz----------McGinn--------------------

---Trezeguet-----------Grealish---------------El Ghazi----

-----------------------------Samatta---------------------------------

We're weak in midfield as it is, teams would walk through that line up. 
Nakamba > Luiz
Anyone else > Trezeguet

On 15/06/2020 at 08:52, Nigel said:

You would surely make a diamond midfield with grealish at the top. That would suit us a lot better imo.

I'd like a 4-3-1-2,withLuiz,Marv,McGinn behind Jack with Samatta and Davis up top.They are known for their centre backs 'marauding ' upfield so need 2 up to keep them occupied.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

You know it's bad when fans are suggesting multiple formations and lineups.

I remember this during Lambert's 3rd season. It's never a good sign.

because some folk think its the be all and end all.....and while it has a place, in our issues, there are other things equally as important.

1 hour ago, Derryvillan said:

I'd like a 4-3-1-2,withLuiz,Marv,McGinn behind Jack with Samatta and Davis up top.They are known for their centre backs 'marauding ' upfield so need 2 up to keep them occupied.

I want them to come out and go after Sheff Utd and let them know, they are in a game......and if we have a mini-slump or a reversal,during the game, up our intensity and go after them even more.....as a collective force.

If we lose, after giving a warrior like performance, you can't ask for much more. 

• Like 2

Personally, I think Conor Hourihane has to play. We struggle for goals, and concede too easily. As soon as we go 2 goals down, as against Leicester, the whole team seems to shrug and think well that's that, as we know how much of a struggle it is to find a single goal let alone more. Hassan & El Ghazi can play averagely and still make the first team, whilst Connor is hooked straight away.

Would also definitely play Nyland for the rest of the season.

Completely agree with the idea that this period has probably benefited Villa more than any other team, but that will be blown out of the water if we lose tomorrow. This game seems about as big as it possibly gets!

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

We're weak in midfield as it is, teams would walk through that line up. 
Nakamba > Luiz
Anyone else > Trezeguet

Honestly I can't see much between Nakamba and Luiz. I think Luiz is better at linking up with Grealish myself, they're different kinds of players, and with McGinn as a tenacious midfielder I think playing Nakamba and McGinn would be a little unbalanced perhaps. Though perhaps playing Nakamba would allow McGinn to push further up the pitch and link up with Grealish too, so I guess at least Smith has options to consider rather than injuries forcing his hand.

To be honest I'm not the biggest fan of Trez but it's been so long that I can't think of any other wingers we have, maybe Jack will be pushed out wide again instead to make room for McGinn in the team too?

Heaven forbid maybe even Drinkwater will get a game, if he's one of the 'training ground players'...

Think fitness will decide who plays, as there is nothing to go on it's almost impossible to guess what their levels are.

Hopefully our more talented ones are also the ones who handled the lock down best.

Sheffield United fans saying "JOC is out". Whos Joc? Is this a nickname for one of their players? if so WHO?

Also saying Fleck is rumoured to be out 

Edited by messi11