Pre Match Thread

GingerCollins29

After such a long break it kind of feels like organisation and preparation will be more important factors than any ordinary game, with that in mind we couldn't be facing a much tougher opponent.

However, we can only of benefited from the break, we were looking pretty ragged before it, the extra time to work on system/shape, integration of players and the fitness of McGinn can only of helped us. We had no real momentum to lose (other than Jacks form), whereas I'm sure Wilder would of preferred no break given the momentum behind their campaign.

Form is out of the window now, we've no idea what levels the two teams are at, and that gives us more of a chance than we had before the break.

TLDR: I have no idea!

46 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Leaked teamsheet on twitter suggests the team is:

Nyland

Fred           engels           mings         targett

Luiz       nakamba    mcginn

El ghazi     samatta     grealish

Subs: reina, taylor, drinkwater, konsa, hourihane, jota, elmo, trez, davis.

If it's right, I approve. 

Good luck to the Villa today which is the start of a very difficult run in but a major bonus is having a fresh and fit McGinn back to bolster the midfield.

The weather in Shirley is absolutely terrifying.  We have water in the side passage which has only happened once in 10 years and we've had improved drainage since then.  

You could canoe down the road.  Is this weather capable of getting the match called off?   Unless is stops pretty soon the pitch is going to be waterlogged assuming Aston is even close to this

Edited by sidcow

I actually didnt mind the football being cancelled. Didn't think I would miss it, and to an extent I didn't. 

But boy oh boy am I excited it is back. COME ON VILLA. the season to date doesnt matter. Fresh start. Let's do this!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sidcow said:

The weather in Shirley is absolutely terrifying.  We have water in the side passage which has only happened once in 10 years and we've had improved drainage since then.  

You could canoe down the road.  Is this weather capable of getting the match called off?   Unless is stops pretty soon the pitch is going to be waterlogged assuming Aston is even close to this

The cover should prevent the pitch from being waterlogged.

45 minutes ago, Hev said:

I don't really get why the subs etc have to sit 6ft apart and teams stand all at distance for pre match when they will be tackling regularly (hopefully) I thought they were all being tested twice a week for the virus. Some of it seems a bit OTT to me ?

Pointless isn't it.

Read that we'd be split across both dressing rooms too.

48 minutes ago, Hev said:

I don't really get why the subs etc have to sit 6ft apart and teams stand all at distance for pre match when they will be tackling regularly (hopefully) I thought they were all being tested twice a week for the virus. Some of it seems a bit OTT to me ?

It’s all about reducing close distance multiplied by time to as little as is practical whilst still completing a competitive football match. Close contact time between players is significantly less than being sat next to someone for 90+ minutes. Separation of substitutes also follows the ‘where possible’ advice during work activities.

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Fleck and O'Connell being out for them could be huge for us. They're both mainstays in the side and Fleck especially is a very underrated player. 
We can beat this lot. 

If the ‘leaked’ team sheet is to be believed, Fleck is starting.