Pre Match Thread

GingerCollins29

Match thread will be fun.

No matter the result the level of football will be atrocious. Some of the best teams in the world have looked like crap (compared to how they usually look) during the restart in Germany and Spain.

Anyone expecting quality football will be sorely disappointed. Low tempo, tons of mistakes and all that other crap you'd expect from say round 1 of the ol' Intertoto Cup.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Its not just here though is it? 

When deano says everyone has written us off and we need to go and prove them wrong he could mean 50% of our fan base let alone everyone else 

He could yes......and yes they need to prove us wrong, I want them to ram my thoughts down my throat and defy me......the Andy Gray's of this world would delight in that.

but have you been to the homes games this season?.....you couldn't wish for better support.....they are partisan.

Even Kelly Dalglish ( don't know here married name) and Gary Neville was taken back at the Everton Game.

No I suspect everyone has written us off through the appalling attempts at defending, nothing more ,nothing less.....it is folly to think you can do anything conceding on average 2 goals a game.

You would probably be amazed at my behaviour, when I watch our team, I never boo, don't moan or groan, because they can hear that, when it is amplified.....if I say or do anything it is positive.

but this is a forum, where you should be able to say what you really think, right or wrong.....I am not here to motivate the thoughts of other fans, and not piss on their  chips, they have their own thoughts and their strength of conviction to go with it.

Its all down to what the players do on the pitch,this evening, not what any of us say.

Edited by TRO

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Anyone see this as a must win game?

they all are.....we may as start somewhere.

reach for the stars and you might touch the moon......or something like that.

20 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Just chatting to my mate about the game and he described Sheff United as a ‘proper’ team. You can’t argue with that to be fair.

They’re a good example of a team being more than the sum of it’s parts. 
That is something I hope we can emulate, a bit like our run in last year, I felt we were more than the sum of our parts then. 

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

Or get stuck on Uranus

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, TRO said:

Do you think we will concede our usual 20 shot and 2 goals against? 

Dean mentioned our defensive woes in his pre match interview yesterday. Our defensive structure is what i'm most interested seeing. If there is no improvement we got no chance in survival.

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Do you think we will concede our usual 20 shot and 2 goals against? 

Dean mentioned our defensive woes in his pre match interview yesterday. Our defensive structure is what i'm most interested seeing. If there is no improvement we got no chance in survival.

I am interested in seeing his adjustments as a result of watching all our previous games.

I see his faults, but I don't want him gone.....I want him to get things right.....tonight will be interesting.

6 minutes ago, rubberman said:

I've not been keeping up - what are the rule changes?  Couple more subs or something...

got to wear masks!!!

6 minutes ago, rubberman said:

I've not been keeping up - what are the rule changes?  Couple more subs or something...

I think there are now 5 subs allowed, but they have to be made in 3 substitutions, if you see what I mean.

The obvious change is that they've made the goalposts 60cm wider and 40cm taller. It'll look weird if nothing else...

45 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Just chatting to my mate about the game and he described Sheff United as a ‘proper’ team. You can’t argue with that to be fair.

sadly.....He's right.

4 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I think there are now 5 subs allowed, but they have to be made in 3 substitutions, if you see what I mean.

The obvious change is that they've made the goalposts 60cm wider and 40cm taller. It'll look weird if nothing else...

just at the one end and play the same way for 90 mins and the toss up, becomes the most important part of the game.

I'll get my coat.....

Edited by TRO

Think it would be no harm to cut or reduce the witton stop on the Walsall line from Birmingham NS for our remaining home games. You will always get the idiots that will go out on the train and walk around outside the ground. Some just have an innate ability to do the exact of what is been asked, a sheer brazeness. If enough people do this, it becomes a problem.

My team for this:

Nyland

Guilbert  Engels  Mings  Targett

Nakamba

Hourihane     McGinn

El Ghazi     Samatta   Grealish

Looking forward to seeing El Ghazi turn into prime CR7 tonight.

McGinn being back will be huge for us.

Can see Smith starting Reina and Drinkwater tonight mind.