Pre Match Thread

GingerCollins29

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Nobody wants to get injured before what I think is our most important game of the season crowds or no crowds

They've barely gotten injuries this season.

Wilder must have some perfect training program.

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

They've barely gotten injuries this season.

Wilder must have some perfect training program.

Sorry they lost to Barnsley. Haven't been paying attention to the friendlies. 

On 11/06/2020 at 15:39, TRO said:

Sadly, i don't think it is.

but we are all hoping for a surprise.....and that would be a win.

It's a tad unfair to suggest we are never up for the game more than the opposition. The problem is more to do with a loss of confidence when the opposition either takes the lead or equalises after we have taken the lead. Liverpool at home and Spurs away are two classic examples. 

I'm sure that's something they will have worked on through this enforced break. The players that have commented since the news of the resumption have sounded very positive in their belief that they can pull themselves away from that dreaded drop.

9 hours ago, messi11 said:

On Paper our team is better than Sheffield united. Sadly Paper don't win football games.

Sheffield such a well oiled organised team, every player in their squad plays for the team/manager, every player knows their jobs . I guess we can look at the positives that Brighton drew 1-1 more recently. Win would take them to 5th which is an incredible achievement.  Going to be a tough game.  

No chance. They're favourites here as they have better players and a better manager.

McGinn, Grealish and Samatta get into their team, no one else. 

No, not Mings.

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Injuries are down to luck and you know it. No way is Wilder getting credit for their injury list being small! 

to a certain degree.

but if you're forever over stretching for balls or retrieving miss placed passes or badly timed tackles you will get injuries.....clumsy, untidy play, attracts more injuries.

The more organised and better passers of the ball will avoid injuries more than the above.

4 hours ago, romavillan said:

At least the weed is legal up there.

One of the many reasons the city I live in is approximately two thirds first and second gen immigrants. We come to visit and never leave.

• Like 1

Sheff Utd are good. I envy their success so far this season. But this will feel like the start of a new season almost for these teams. Can Deano make a case for putting PREPARED back on our badge? We shall see.

I predicted 2-2. Samatta looked like a decent signing before the stoppage. Hopefully we can bang in a couple. It's the scattershot defense I'm worried about. 

I wonder if we can make a 442 work?

Reina

Guilbert      Engels     Mings     Targett

El Ghazi      McGinn   Nakamba   Grealish

Samatta         Davis

I can’t see it happening to be honest, but it would be good to see us play with more than one upfront for a change. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I wonder if we can make a 442 work?

Reina

Guilbert      Engels     Mings     Targett

El Ghazi      McGinn   Nakamba   Grealish

Samatta         Davis

I can’t see it happening to be honest, but it would be good to see us play with more than one upfront for a change. 

We would get overrun in midfield.

4-4-2 isn't really much of a thing anymore. Football has moved on.

15 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

We would get overrun in midfield.

4-4-2 isn't really much of a thing anymore. Football has moved on.

Thanks Pep. 😆

I agree to be fair, that’s why I don’t think it would work either. 

I think a 4-1-4-1 is more like what we will see... but not sure on the personnel as it’s the fittest first I think.

Stats

Sheffield United - 286 shots

Sheff Utd rank the lowest for shots this season, with only 286, which is just over 10 per game on average. They seem to have one nilled many of their wins.  If we can keep a clean sheet, then I think we stand a chance of points.

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 1