Pre Match Thread

GingerCollins29

God Reina was so awful before BUT, if he can be shown that time he raced out of the area and forgot to clear the ball - like every morning at training - maybe we can shame him into being the professional we hired him for. Get him, Mings and Engels singing from the same song sheet and we have a chance. 

Can't speculate on the line up.  I think it will be largely based on who's head is in the right space and their fitness.  I'm sure there will be some players raring to go and some not so keen.  And if you had thought the season was over you might not have kept full fitness.

Please win.  I've got a virtual parents evening on and off throughout the match so it's going to be painful keeping up.

3 hours ago, Andy81 said:

Just popped in to say good luck for tonight, would be super if you could help us out a bit :)

Lets Null and void the league now 🤣

Thanks 

• Haha 1

Probably same the same as a lot of you. I am furloughed and getting down and worried about the future of ever going back to work (in the car industry)

I hadn't missed football at all - Too much other crap to worry about 

BUT

I just watched the footage of the stadium decked out in flags, to the sound of the fans singing We are the boys from Aston

Goosebumps all over. UTV give us a reason  to be happy 4:1 Villa 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

I’ve got a good feeling about today! 

This might just be because I went to sleep at 1am and woke up at 5am, it’s probably lack of sleep induced hysteria. 

3-2 Villa, or something.

Agreed. 😀

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Anyone see this as a must win game?

No

Would expect the confidence draining meltdown bullshit from our fans but of course of its not 

West hams next 3 games are wolves, spurs, chelsea

In that time we play Sheffield, Chelsea, Newcastle and wolves

I expect us to be above them by the end of that run even if we lose tonight 

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

Anything less than a win tonight and it's curtains for us this season.

Utter bollocks

We can lose the next 9 games win the 10th and stay up

Its got a long way to go, not sure how we can moan at the players for looking nervous and lacking confidence when our own fans are like this 

• Like 2

On 16/06/2020 at 10:23, villalad21 said:

Blades aren't the type of team we are suited playing against.

Won't give us time on the ball and time to settle. They will be in our faces, not give us time on the ball. Full of energy and spirit.

I think playing out from the back, fullbacks and midfielders bombing forward is suicidal. Just stay organized. Don't take unnecessary risk. Just keep it simple and don't complicate things.

They are not.....and its funny the Blues wasn't when Savage was playing for them.

You see we have a blind spot for this type of player, even if now ,we would be looking for a better version of him.

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Utter bollocks

We can lose the next 9 games win the 10th and stay up

Its got a long way to go, not sure how we can moan at the players for looking nervous and lacking confidence when our own fans are like this 

Do you really think they read this?

I think tonights game is really important we don't lose....we need to be careful that we keep saying the next game we will do this, that and the other......we are gradually running out of games, to make grand claims.

We have to do the business, in the here and now.....we are a terrible bunch for thinking its jam tommorow......tomorrow, never comes.

unless you are on raft in the middle of the ocean.....and we are not.

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

Do you really think they read this?

I think tonights game is really important we don't lose....we need to be careful that we keep saying the next game we will do this, that and the other......we are gradually running out of games, to make grand claims.

We have to do the business, in the here and now.....we are a terrible bunch for thinking its jam tommorow......tomorrow, never comes.

unless you are on raft in the middle of the ocean.....and we are not.

Its not just here though is it? 

When deano says everyone has written us off and we need to go and prove them wrong he could mean 50% of our fan base let alone everyone else