Pre Match Thread

GingerCollins29

9 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Sheffield United fans saying "JOC is out". Whos Joc? Is this a nickname for one of their players? if so WHO?

Also saying Fleck is rumoured to be out 

Jack o Connell?

I’d go with

Nyland
Guilbert Engels Mings Targett
            Nakamba Luiz
El Ghazi    McGinn     Grealish
                  Samatta

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, chappy said:

Jack o Connell?

I’d go with

Nyland
            Nakamba Luiz
                  Samatta

Bang on the money. 

Apparently we're going to play a 523 system, with Grealish and Hourihane as the central two, and Davis, Samatta, and El Ghazi upfront, so looks like we're going to going for gold if that's right, bit worried about that central midfield though. Can't remember the defence but I think Reina is in goal, which shouldn't really be a surprise, Elmohamady at right-back, as I think there's a suggestion that Guilbert might be injured, hasn't been involved in the training sessions apparently.

Edited by useless
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, chappy said:

Jack o Connell?

I’d go with

Nyland
            Nakamba Luiz
                  Samatta

I would probably go with that too, assuming all the same fitness levels. I think Reina will start tomorrow, or at least I wouldn’t be massively surprised. 
I hope McGinn is ready to start a game, but as others have said he hasn’t played for so long maybe it will be more of a cameo role tomorrow. 

8 minutes ago, useless said:

Apparently we're going to play a 523 system, with Grealish and Hourihane as the central two, and Davis, Samatta, and El Ghazi upfront, so looks like we're going to going for gold if that's right, bit worried about that central midfield though. Can't remember the defence but I think Reina is in goal, which shouldn't really be a surprise, Elmohamady at right-back, as I think there's a suggestion that Guilbert might be injured, hasn't been involved in the training sessions apparently.

Dear Lord. Help us

I think Reina was always likely to be first choice, he might have had a few poor games but when he first arrived many were saying what a huge difference he made, whereas Nyland has only really had a few good performances for us and many shakey ones, so we don't really know if we can rely on him, and in our current predicament we're not really in the position to risk finding out unless we really have to, in fact if Reina does have to dropped for some reason, I think it will be Steer that replaces him, just because whilst Ørjan has started to show some promise, Steer is the more proven.

20 minutes ago, useless said:

source?

Fleck out would be a big boost, scored twice v us in December and generally the one who is similar to McGinn in that he has good late runs into the box.

Can't believe that's the team we're going to put out. Jack centrally will still be wanting to link up with front 3 and be near the box as much as possible so we lose it and Hourihane's going to be our defensive midfielder?! Unless we just tell the back 5 to barely cross the halfway line we're going to be badly exposed to counter attacks.

If that team is true I'd also guess that Nakamba either has asthma or is living with an inlaw so dosen't really want to play.

It was the birmingham mail website, the article was about Aaron Ramsey impressing in training, and the team and formation mentioned above was apparently one on it's own doing drills, so they speculated it that it would be the team. I'd be surprised with that midfield two, but five at the back wouldn't surprise me, think we had best run of form playing that system, so wouldn't be surprised if they've been working on it, or at least as best as is possible in the circumstances.

The prob with this game from what I can see, is that if there is one team in this division who would be 100% up for a fight, playing at full tilt with no fans and making the most of this situation.......Sheffield Utd are the first team that springs to mind for me....