Passing Time During The Pestilence

Xann

Myself and friends have been playing poker using a well known site where you can have private rooms and tables but still play for real money (at an amount you dictate when setting it up), working so well we’re already talking about carrying it on once the restrictions lift :) 

And I’m $100 up too thus far 

Anyone up for a big VT game? Can have up to 200 peeps involved 

Edited by bannedfromHandV

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

I bloody loved Cats both on stage and on screen you bloody rocket polishers

I hope your husband is supportive of your interests. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Myself and friends have been playing poker using a well known site where you can have private rooms and tables but still play for real money (at an amount you dictate when setting it up), working so well we’re already talking about carrying it on once the restrictions lift :) 

And I’m $100 up too thus far 

Anyone up for a big VT game? Can have up to 200 peeps involved 

We used to do this once upon a time. I’d be up for it. 

Mind telling me which site you use? I fancy setting one up with my mates

18 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

We used to do this once upon a time. I’d be up for it. 

Mind telling me which site you use? I fancy setting one up with my mates

Can I do so without breaking any site rules? (‘Twas why I was vague about it initially) 

48 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Can I do so without breaking any site rules? (‘Twas why I was vague about it initially) 

The rules are linked at the top of every page (or in the menu if you are on your phone). There is no rule about naming sites. Unless the name includes swearing. Or if it's the Mail.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Genie said:

To be honest, the only thing worse than sitting through a musical would be to do it needing to piss out the 4 pints you smashed right before it started. 

I can testify to that, watching Les Miserables in London is the closest I've got to pissing myself as an adult because of the few Guiness I had before it started.  The theatre was so old and small that getting out before the interval was impossible.  Greatest piss of my life when I got round to it.  **** hated the musical too, they just wouldn't stop singing.

• Haha 1

Superb essay on the suspended restaurant industry and all the dread and confusion and emotionality of grappling with possible outcomes of this for independent restaurants and neighborhood bars. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/23/magazine/closing-prune-restaurant-covid.html?smid=fb-share&fbclid=IwAR160KjUY8bOhn-8NJ_t5zhllOhLr3ZDWILwuKo_kEeU8sdAziFgUuuqLuQ

My Restaurant Was My Life for 20 Years. Does the World Need It Anymore?

Forced to shutter Prune, I’ve been revisiting my original dreams for it — and wondering if there will still be a place for it in the New York of the future.

• Like 3

Last week's drumming session from Giant Bomb. 

As ever, bloody impressive. And an eclectic mix - the first 4 songs are AC/DC, the Fratellis (remember them?!), Weezer and Billy Joel...

And done with a new theme in mind, although it's spectacularly easy to get.

19 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I'm sleeping like a cat lately. 15 hours two nights ago, 12 hours last night!

Nothing has changed for me, up at 5am which is a pain in the arse. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Disturbing number of maskless people at the supermarket today. Dickheads.

At my weekly supermarket shop, I'd say 95% or more have no masks. Including me. 

Â