Passing Time During The Pestilence

Xann

I have baked 2 cakes. The first was a lemon drizzle effort that should have gone in the bin. The second is a banana loaf sat in the oven as I type. I can guess how it will be before its done.  

Edited by Seat68
  • Like 1

In our team meeting today, we've decided the agenda for next wednesday. A bake off. Literally, we've been asked to bake a cake to show it to our colleagues. Think we're struggling for work...

• Like 1

On 11/05/2020 at 01:10, HanoiVillan said:

The BBC have put a load of pictures of empty sets online for use as backgrounds to Zoom calls: https://www.bbc.co.uk/archive/empty_sets_collection/zfvy382

Early favourite:

1976_Porridge_cell_hi048682280.jpg

This is brilliant.

Anyone know if this can be done for WhatsApp video calling???

Another showing of a virtual festival from the Defected stable on Friday. This week it's the turn of the Glitterbox brand.

These have been excellent so far.

37 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I am OK with this. Its got a brown top due to the muscovado sugar sprinkled on top. 

5u4LCgk.jpg

For some reason I woke up last Saturday and made a banana loaf. Turned out immaculately. I added walnuts and melted cooking chocolate on top, too.

7 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

For some reason I woke up last Saturday and made a banana loaf. Turned out immaculately. I added walnuts and melted cooking chocolate on top, too.

I have walnuts in it and was thinking of chocolate but then could only get my hands on fun size mars bar. 

4 hours ago, imavillan said:

This is brilliant.

Anyone know if this can be done for WhatsApp video calling???

I have absolutely no idea how such backgrounds would work - surely the camera is pointed at you and whatever is actually behind you? Don't tell me you print it put and blow it up to wall size? :)

17 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I have absolutely no idea how such backgrounds would work - surely the camera is pointed at you and whatever is actually behind you? Don't tell me you print it put and blow it up to wall size? :)

Just a little bit of software recognises what’s you and what isn’t and sets ‘wallpaper’ to the background.

It’s not perfect, you can see the software catching up if you move quickly.

Really handy if the best WiFi is in the bedroom or somewhere you just don’t want others seeing.

EX0h45lXsAA68FP?format=jpg&name=4096x409

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Just a little bit of software recognises what’s you and what isn’t and sets ‘wallpaper’ to the background.

It’s not perfect, you can see the software catching up if you move quickly.

Really handy if the best WiFi is in the bedroom or somewhere you just don’t want others seeing.

EX0h45lXsAA68FP?format=jpg&name=4096x409

I kind of assumed it was something like that. Just amazed that it actually works. As imavillan said, does it also work on WhatsApp? Or HouseParty? 

6 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

How about Nearly  every Peel Session in one handy place to work your way through until lockdown is over

Thanks for the link Tony and not to besmirch it in anyway but Its a portion of all of the Peel Sessions. Its missing a lot but of the big names its fairly representative. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

No idea with either of those apps sorry.

I’m not allowed to have houseparty on the office kit.

I've searched google and from what i see there is nothing in any of the settings to action this on WhatsApp.

2 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Thanks for the link Tony and not to besmirch it in anyway but Its a portion of all of the Peel Sessions. Its missing a lot but of the big names its fairly representative. 

He is adding to it so maybe at some point my statement will become true :) .. hadn’t realised quite how many there were tbh, but he’s got the important Big Country one on there , that’s the main thing 

4 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

He is adding to it so maybe at some point my statement will become true :) .. hadn’t realised quite how many there were tbh, but he’s got the important Big Country one on there , that’s the main thing 

Of course. Not that second Siddeleys session though. 

9 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

How about Nearly  every Peel Session in one handy place to work your way through until lockdown is over

"Nearly every"? You're joking. Nothing whatsoever before the mid-70s (when Peel shows started going to shit)*

Let's have the good stuff, from 1967-1975. 

* My opinion, natch. Your mileage may vary.  ;)

Â