Passing Time During The Pestilence

Xann

Anybody tried cutting their hair yet? I'm going to give it a go today since I'm off for a week or so. Going for the Chris Hemsworth from Extraction look. 

14 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I kind of assumed it was something like that. Just amazed that it actually works. As imavillan said, does it also work on WhatsApp? Or HouseParty? 

I don't think either of those have that function.

Zoom, Skype and Teams definitely all do (it'll be an option to "set Virtual Background" if you do use any of those. You just select a picture you've downloaded and it pops it up as your background Very clever.)

20 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

Anybody tried cutting their hair yet? I'm going to give it a go today since I'm off for a week or so. Going for the Chris Hemsworth from Extraction look. 

Yeah, I've done it and still got some of my fingers left.

21 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

I've been cutting my own hair for about 6 or 7 years anyway, so it's not an issue. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

Yep. Didn't end up quite as planned but I can get away with it so long as I only see people on video conference. I've no idea what the back looks like but I've gone close at the sides and the back, just leaving the hair island at the front. 

• Haha 1

Haha. Are you all grading all over? I was trying to keep it longer on top. 

The Mrs got nervous seeing me getting ready to do it so she decided she wanted to have a go for the first time instead. I agreed since it's easier than trying to do it all myself. I don't think it's come out too bad to be fair! 

As others, been cutting what was left of my own hair for about 10 years.

I have been getting braver this last 8 weeks, cutting it tighter and tighter. Got to the point now where if I go a couple of Sundays without cutting it, it feels ‘long’ and starts annoying me. 

Long now being defined as anything more than 10mm.

I reckon I’m about 12 months away from the same look.

You know what, I couldn’t care less. I mean, it’s fine it’s normal.

There’s a guy in the office has spent thousands on a transplant. I can’t help thinking what a stereo he could have bought and gained some real inner happiness.

5 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I reckon I’m about 12 months away from the same look.

You know what, I couldn’t care less. I mean, it’s fine it’s normal.

There’s a guy in the office has spent thousands on a transplant. I can’t help thinking what a stereo he could have bought and gained some real inner happiness.

I saw my dad and brother so knew baldness was coming and I was completely fine with it. 1995 I started with number 2 all over and this year its been what it is now. Its how I like it. 

• Like 1

International Space Station is visible in the UK during May....details here 

http://meteorwatch.org/iss-international-space-station-times-uk-may-2020/

International Space Station pass times and details for the UK – May 2020

International Space Station UK Passes – The International Space Station – ISS is back over UK skies with some great evening passes during May 2020.

The ISS is the largest Space Station/ laboratory ever built! it can certainly be spotted with the naked eye at certain times as it orbits Earth at 17500mph at an altitude of roughly 200 miles.

Edited by imavillan

2 hours ago, Wezbid said:

There we go. Could have gone at a lot worse I think!

24 minutes ago, bickster said:

Haircuts most def are not my thing,

No one's seeing the difficult place to cut :)

external-content.duckduckgo-1.jpg.4aa2e90c2a458c8e0353658e528bc692.jpg

• Haha 2

Need to buy new specs.

Because I appear to have bought in to the same style every other middle aged clearing in the woods on this forum has bought in to.

Might bring back the Deidre Barlow look.

• Haha 2

Â