Passing Time During The Pestilence

Xann

Here's a 24 Hour virtual festival. 

Starts at 4pm Today.

Read more about it with the link below. The actual facebook page link is at the bottom of the post. 

https://www.lep.co.uk/whats-on/arts-and-entertainment/join-judge-jules-dave-pearce-and-sash-blackpool-djs-fubar-and-jester-host-24-hour-back-old-pool-virtual-festival-easter-saturday-raise-money-nhs-2523741

Jason Fubar and Lee Watson will host the 24 hour Back to the Old Pool Virtual Festival from Easter Saturday to Easter Sunday, welcoming Dave Pearce, Judge Jules, Sash and Slipmatt as part of the all star line-up.

Revellers will be able to join all the fun from the comfort of their self-styled clubs at home for the online party fundraiser. The event will start at 4pm on April 11 until 4pm Easter Sunday April 12.

Jason and Lee have been running weekly digital isolation sessions since the UK Prime Minister ordered the closure of pubs and clubs across the UK nearly a fortnight ago.

spacer.png

Facebook link for the event 

https://m.facebook.com/events/555482675091957

Enjoy 🙂

I’ve been doing a bit of painting today that required me to move a bookcase.

I’ve been a good lad, cleaned up when I finished, put the bookcase back and I’ve even put the books back, all in order of spine colour. Red spines, then green, blue, white and then general mixed.

For some unknown reasons, she’s **** lost it, called me a very rude name and is now putting them back ‘as they are supposed to be’.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I’ve been doing a bit of painting today that required me to move a bookcase.

I’ve been a good lad, cleaned up when I finished, put the bookcase back and I’ve even put the books back, all in order of spine colour. Red spines, then green, blue, white and then general mixed.

For some unknown reasons, she’s **** lost it, called me a very rude name and is now putting them back ‘as they are supposed to be’.

Women. You do her a favour filing them and for that you are treated like a criminal. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Women. You do her a favour filing them and for that you are treated like a criminal. 

...turns out I should have put the plug of the extension lead back in the socket before screwing the bookcase to the wall too.

A job’s not worth doing unless you can do it three times.

• Haha 4

Went for a three mile walk.

I don't do walking so this is not normal.

Anything to escape Chav Central neighbours with barbeque and shit music.

• Like 3

Made our own hot cross buns because we’re not soulless heathens. Then we found an old unopened pot of homemade blackberry jam. Not sure of the vintage but we defo didn’t make any in 2019.

image.thumb.jpeg.1fa9d219f794427ab98b25711e9048e5.jpeg

• Like 3

Obscenely talented but clearly insane man makes a 1/6 scale RC snow mobile from scratch. 

I thought for a moment that this bloke with the additional time on his hands from the current situation would surely be dangerous, but then I realised that, of course, this fella has clearly been locked inside for years anyway.

Impressive though.

• Like 1

Free virtual walking tours of Birmingham at

https://positivelybirmingham.co.uk/

spacer.png

VIRTUAL TOUR: While Birmingham city centre is out of bounds our self-guided tour is also great as a virtual tour - for fun or indeed for educational purposes.

Once you place you order you will receive an email to say your order has been received. At a later point you will receive a second email which gives your link to the virtual tour. This works on you phone and there is also a higher resolution version available for use on a laptop or PC in case you are using it as a virtual tour at home - great for home-school over these difficult lock-down times.

This tour has a five star rating on Tripadvisor. I have copied one of the many reviews of the virtual tour below.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g186402-d10346970-Reviews-Positively_Birmingham_Walking_Tours-Birmingham_West_Midlands_England.html

We took the self guided 'virtual' tour as Covid 19 led to our planned guided tour being cancelled. We were fascinated to see how the City has developed over recent months and in particular the interface between Chamberlain Square and Centenary Square. The additional information about the public art and Birmingham manufacturing added another dimension of interest. We look forward to seeing the progress at Symphony Hall and hope the Golden Boys statue will be back in place when Birmingham is ready to welcome visitors again.
Edited by imavillan
  • Like 1

Â