Passing Time During The Pestilence

Xann

Suggestions on things to do during the lock in, freebies and such. Bitch in the other threads.

The National Trust are reviewing what needs to be closed (houses) and what can be open (gardens).

Looks like much of the safe stuff will be free.

Keep an eye on the website, think they'll announce something Friday maybe? 

https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/

Capturez.JPG

• Like 4

Im actually looking forward to it. Quiet streets a well earned rest and some family time.

Going to get the board games out learn how to bake and just enjoy it 😃

If all we had youtjbe live chats we could even a villatalk chat podcast going

Less fun but:

and:

Cambridge Uni

Cambridge University Press is making higher education textbooks in HTML format free to access online during the coronavirus outbreak.

Over 700 textbooks, published and currently available, on Cambridge Core are available regardless of whether textbooks were previously purchased. 

Free access is available until the end of May 2020.

Not really given it a lot of thought but maybe  with all this spare time i'll go on internet forums and make irreverent comments  , anyone got any advice on how to go about it

• Haha 3

Just now, tonyh29 said:

Not really given it a lot of thought but maybe  with all this spare time i'll go on internet forums and make irreverent comments  , anyone got any advice on how to go about it

You'll be back force feeding crisps to unsuspecting members of the general public before anyone could teach you that

On a related note, company the daughter works for has already suspended product sampling with the public, must be affecting you

I made bread yesterday, trying to cook something decent each day with the time to make it 

Today I did actual work from home and got really pissed off at it and now I'm bored shitless on the sofa

Tomorrow I'm going to go shopping in the expectation Merkel closes aldi by the end of the week

By the end of the week I'll be online shopping like a mad man 

Next week.... Not a clue, football manager, Netflix, home gym... Could all change if the wife has to work from home too, then ill be properly **** bored 

2 minutes ago, villakram said:

make some babies, lots of babies...

I did mention to my missus yesterday that if this really does get bad we might have to re populate the earth.

I’m gonna take her answer as a ‘maybe’.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, bickster said:

You'll be back force feeding crisps to unsuspecting members of the general public before anyone could teach you that

On a related note, company the daughter works for has already suspended product sampling with the public, must be affecting you

I have 2 projects I  was contemplating pushing through next week but I've just persuaded the clients to postpone them both much as I'd have liked the income , the welfare of our staff comes first

business wise I doubt we will run another project before May , maybe even later than that ,  so with zero income indefinitely there is every chance we won't survive tbh  ...  depends on what the government come up with in regards rates , wages etc and of course how our clients decide to proceed going forward  if / when its all over ...

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

Less glib?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Might give pause for thought for all the BBC/licence fee haters. 

Make it voluntary subscription for the same price - people who like and value the BBC can subscribe and others who don't, will save £150 a year. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

No, I wouldn't know where to start.

spacer.png

• Haha 1

Â