Passing Time During The Pestilence

Xann

2 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

Also this guy, Chris Turner, probably the best freestyle rapper you’ve ever seen. 

He is good without question. I prefer watching the Sway In The Morning 5 Fingers of Death freestyles. Seperates the men and women from the boys and girls. 

20 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

He is good without question. I prefer watching the Sway In The Morning 5 Fingers of Death freestyles. Seperates the men and women from the boys and girls. 

I see what you’re saying and yes they’re proper artists. I just think this kid gets extra marks for being able to really make it up on the spot in way that makes sense and tells a story. It’s easy for a freestyler to tap into lyrics they’ve used before, not so easy when someone else decides the story for you. 

2 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I see what you’re saying and yes they’re proper artists. I just think this kid gets extra marks for being able to really make it up on the spot in way that makes sense and tells a story. It’s easy for a freestyler to tap into lyrics they’ve used before, not so easy when someone else decides the story for you. 

Completely agree and I have watched a few freestylers who clearly are recycling. 

• Like 1

Cleared out the spare room. Binned 6 or seven hundred CD-R's, maybe more, that I made back in 2007-2010. Can't be arsed to transfer to the PC so they're gone.

Doing what any sensible person would do during times of extreme global stress.

I'm trying to choreograph a 2 year old, a 5 year old and two thirty-somethings into a flawless, beat-perfect arrangement of Shakira's "Waka Waka (This Time For Africa)".

We've probably gone through it around 50 times now, and this evening we mastered the part where the two year jumps onto my shoulders and has the five year old pedal his feet during the breakdown. 

Beats pretending you're going to write a book or doing a sourdough starter. 

Edited by ml1dch
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, maqroll said:

Massive storm system battering the entire US east coast. @Dom_Wren, how does it look in your area?

It was pretty bad! Clemson area a tornado touched down. Was about 5 more mins of the storm and i was ready to get the missus under the stairs!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Cleared out the spare room. Binned 6 or seven hundred CD-R's, maybe more, that I made back in 2007-2010. Can't be arsed to transfer to the PC so they're gone.

I recently sold my CD collection of about 300 discs. Some real good ones too. I didn't get much money for them but I feel unshackled in a way. I was moving apartments with a massive CD tower in tow full of chipped and broken cases and scratched discs. I haven't listened to them in a few years and they are just going to continue to be obsolete, so **** it. I might buy a turntable at some point and start a new vinyl collection. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, maqroll said:

I recently sold my CD collection of about 300 discs. Some real good ones too. I didn't get much money for them but I feel unshackled in a way. I was moving apartments with a massive CD tower in tow full of chipped and broken cases and scratched discs. I haven't listened to them in a few years and they are just going to continue to be obsolete, so **** it. I might buy a turntable at some point and start a new vinyl collection. 

Whereas I sold most of my 2000 LPs and continue to add to my 2000 CDs. This vinyl fad baffles me almost as much as the idea of relying on streaming. 

8 hours ago, maqroll said:

I'm currently going through my CDswith a view to a cull. Must have done between 100-200 so far (not counted but Box Sets add up) and so far the discard pile is 7 high

5 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I sold most of my 2000 LPs and continue to add to my 2000 CDs. This vinyl fad baffles me almost as much as the idea of relying on streaming.

Yeah, I mostly play CDs. I've got a very decent CD player and they sound the best in almost all cases, but the Vinyl thing there's a few LPs that not only seem to sound better (even though the record deck is pretty average), but are nicer objects to play, and I occasionally buy Vinyl as opposed to CD also to support small label artists. I No longer have most of my old LPs due to various life disruptions/moves, but have no desire to sell any CDs or Vinyl. I can understand the people who do collect LPs, even if it's not really for me.

• Like 1

Sorry, but there’s simply no better feeling than standing in a Record Store Day queue to get Best Of David Bowie for £45, rushing home and playing it on the Crosley you bought for £60 in Matalan.

• Haha 1

If I were to buy a turntable and speakers, I get them used and limit my collection to my all time faves or rarities. I grew up with vinyl so it would be a nice return to the old ways.

Â