Covid-19 and Football

Zatman

1 minute ago, LondonLax said:

They’ll still win the league. 

Sure they will, but perhaps France and a lot of other countries are not ready for football yet. And the international games certainly ain't helping.

• 2 weeks later...

All fan trials in October cancelled. Not really a surprise but it must be nightmare for football clubs to plan for when they can invite crowds back.

I originally thought October was far too early. I would be surprised if any sort of crowds are allowed in before Christmas.

Clubs below the Championship will go out of businesses. The entire reason why the National League was going to start in October was on the expectation for allowing crowds back. They must be in a desperate situation. The premier league and FA will need to step in or a Macclesfield will happen every week.

Edited by The Fun Factory

Need a special windfall tax on premier league clubs or something. Doesn't even need to be anything too drastic, just 5% of this year's TV money from each club to be pooled and dished out to clubs below would make an enormous difference. Write it off from FFP stats. What'd that be, something north of £100m?

Edited by blunther
  • Like 1

There will be no crowds in before March I fear now. Ans capacity crowds aren't happening until August 2021 at earliest.

Think season will just plough on unless there's another national lockdown. Was anything actually decided as what will happen if the season has to be curtailed as there's little room in schedule given now packed it already is.

12 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

I saw fans at the Norwich and Boro games?

Yeah 10 games in football league had pilot games of 1k in, was going to be a few more this weekend but that will be scrapped now. Bit of a collecters item for any fan who went, could well be only fans who see a live game in 20-21 season.

Well I'd imagine if any PL club is interested in buying any Championship players (except from Brentford) then the price just got a whole lot cheaper.

I can see there being a number of Championship clubs in serious financial trouble very soon without any matchday revenue.

19 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I imagine the Euros may well get changed to just one country but with no fans.

The current idea is complete madness even without fans.

I think they'll change things to how europa and CL ended. London is already hosting a decent amount of games so can see an area in Germany and another in Italy/Spain/Portugal picking up the other fixtures depending on how those countries are doing at the time.

Tottenham Carabao Cup clash set to be called off as Leyton Orient record 18 positive coronavirus tests

Tottenham’s Carabao Cup clash against Leyton Orient is set to be called off after the League Two club reportedly recorded 18 positive coronavirus tests.

https://talksport.com/football/efl/762771/tottenham-carabao-cup-leyton-orient-18-positive-coronavirus-tests/

Â