Covid-19 and Football

Zatman

Slovan Bratislava Champions League game was cancelled as they couldn't turn up. Physio tested negative for corona and the entire squad was quarantined in the Faroe Islands

Faroe team will probably get a bye as next game is scheduled for Wednesday

Watching a bit of the French league and they allow 5 000 in the crowd. Rules: "The spectators will be required to wear marks, stay seated, be in groups of no more than 10 and remain separated from other groups by one seat." Looks weird but it's better than no crowd.

Swedish side Hammarby are facing Hungarian side Puskas Academy in the Europa League qualifications tomorrow in Stockholm but the whole Puskas Academy senior side is under quarantine after 8 players tested positive so they are forced to send the reserves and a youth side instead.

37 minutes ago, sne said:

Swedish side Hammarby are facing Hungarian side Puskas Academy in the Europa League qualifications tomorrow in Stockholm but the whole Puskas Academy senior side is under quarantine after 8 players tested positive so they are forced to send the reserves and a youth side instead.

‘Puskas Academy’ already sounds like a youth side.

• Like 1

This may have been discussed elsewhere but I was pleased to see the club consulting with fans about going back to VP via the email survey - interested to hear how they decide to proceed.

Went tonight to see Stourport Swifts v Coventry United in the FA Cup Preliminary Round. Well I was desperate to watch some live football. First since the League Cup final. Coventry won 1-3.

Uneven pitch, meaty challenges, freshly cut grass, tobacco smoke, and some choice language  from the players.

Bloody loved it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

Went tonight to see Stourport Swifts v Coventry United in the FA Cup Preliminary Round. Well I was desperate to watch some live football. First since the League Cup final. Coventry won 1-3.

Uneven pitch, meaty challenges, freshly cut grass, tobacco smoke, and some choice language  from the players.

Bloody loved it.

**** those **** red and green words removed.

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

Neymar tests positive today, all bets off. 

Good thing for him some people seem to have been infected a second time so he can always use that one once it's birthday time for his sister.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Bloody loved it.

Ahhhh... if only you'd have said "meaty tackles" instead then i could have posted a Kenneth :( 

16 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Scotlnd vs Czech had been called off as some Czech players have tested for it. Going to be a stranger season 

This international break is so irresponsible considering the state of many nations still dealing with COVID.

it should’ve been scrapped and players not required to travel from their clubs ahead of an already disjointed new season

but money talks and those FIFA/UEFA bods need their corn 

Â