Covid-19 and Football

Zatman

7 hours ago, villa4europe said:

They could have wiped this year out, it's a tournament that doesn't have to end because next year's isn't dependent on it 

More bizarre to me that suddenly Fifa wants to start playing internationals in September. They need to scrap the nations league and that will give some breating space for internationals to perhaps come back in November.

Seems there's a desire to cram a 60-70 game season into one less month than normal considering most leagues won't restart until mid September with the later finishes which is asking for trouble.

• Like 2

"Festival of Football" and "Integrity"

Dresden about to crash out of 2nd Bundesliga after being forced to play 7 games in 19 days after their first games in the restart were moved due to Corona outbreaks in their squad.

Edited by sne

Fourth placed, Champions League chasing FK Rostov earlier this week found six covid 19 cases in the squad. Therefore, all players were forced to quarantine. But the Russian League did not show any pardon for poor Rostov, but forced the team to play the match, the juniors had to step in.

They lost by 10-1 against Sotji.

19 hours ago, sne said:

Fourth placed, Champions League chasing FK Rostov earlier this week found six covid 19 cases in the squad. Therefore, all players were forced to quarantine. But the Russian League did not show any pardon for poor Rostov, but forced the team to play the match, the juniors had to step in.

They lost by 10-1 against Sotji.

Keeper got MOTM despite letting in 10. Made a league record 15 saves.

Sports bars here have lost interest in it, messaged several for today's games and only 1 came back with a yes, the best sports bar in the city has just shut for the summer for a refurb 

When the city's 4 Irish bars aren't showing the Liverpool game you know somethings up 

10 Pakistan cricket playera have picked up Covid 19, also Novak Djokovic. I find it dubious more football players aren't 

Edited by Zatman

There's a study to be made on the odd phenomenon of footballers hair growing very slowly and being very easily styled.

They all look very well groomed and it can't be that they've had a haircut, they've not had that as an option for 3 months.

42 minutes ago, Chindie said:

There's a study to be made on the odd phenomenon of footballers hair growing very slowly and being very easily styled.

They all look very well groomed and it can't be that they've had a haircut, they've not had that as an option for 3 months.

I'm not sure if I'm missing sarcasm here but I'm sure they're all breaking quarantine protocols. This is why the meek social distancing measures during matches make me laugh. Sit 6 feet apart, but breathe down each others necks during the game :lol: . Like @Zatman said, the low numbers are very dubious.

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

10 Pakistan cricket playera have picked up Covid 19, also Novak Djokovic. I find it dubious more football players aren't 

Djokovic is an anti-vaxxer so I'm not surprised he has it

On 23/06/2020 at 00:21, Zatman said:

4 Burnley players refusing to play as out of contract next week 

I think it's the Burnley chairman who has told them they won't play again for the club unless they sign a contract. 

18 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Gotta day, all of the premier league games I’ve watched since the restart have been very very boring games

Villa gonna put on a festival of football later, 6 nil win with 4 of them being overhead kicks.

The more I watch the more farcical it seems that they're expecting them to play all this football.  Professional athletes looking like Sunday league footballers all over the shop (and not just Villa) even before you take weather like this week into consideration.

Â