Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

34 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I have no doubt he would have been given significant game time last year of he stuck around. He totally shit himself in the foot

In retrospect yeah he would have under Emery. Under Gerrard though, no **** chance, and that was the decision he has to make at the time.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

In retrospect yeah he would have under Emery. Under Gerrard though, no **** chance, and that was the decision he has to make at the time.

Hmm not sure about that. Chuck was getting abit of game time under gerrard off the bench.

Under emery i agree though wholeheartedly 

36 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Hmm not sure about that. Chuck was getting abit of game time under gerrard off the bench.

To play as a false full back under Clownball

He chose wisely to leave that

11 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

He left him out of our preseason tour of Australia. He wasn't in his plans for this season precisely because of the contract situation.

6 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

He left him out of our preseason tour of Australia. He wasn't in his plans for this season precisely because of the contract situation.

Given the treatment of Archer, I'm not convinced he'd have got much time even if he had signed.,

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Given the treatment of Archer, I'm not convinced he'd have got much time even if he had signed.,

He was taking a chance moving to another team not guaranteed game time, but he was pretty much guaranteed the opposite at Villa. Plus he got to move to a higher profile London club, and probably sextuple his wages. We can be salty, but his decision wasn't as faulty as we make it out to be 

He shouldn't  have been exposed to the first team until he signed a new deal, his contract situation wasn't handled as well as it should have been. Would he have made it here? I'm not sure tbh, I think the £20m, if that's what we get, was good business. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tinker said:

He shouldn't  have been exposed to the first team until he signed a new deal, his contract situation wasn't handled as well as it should have been. Would he have made it here? I'm not sure tbh, I think the £20m, if that's what we get, was good business. 

I think villa handled everything about as perfectly as we could have done

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I think villa handled everything about as perfectly as we could have done

Except blowing his ego up by calling him the best player of his age in the country. Was a stupid move negotiating wise

• Like 1

Purslow said Chukwuemeka was best sixteen year old in the country, so that was obvioulsy way back when he was sixteen, that was close to three years before he left, those comments had no bearings on the attempts to try and get him to stay last summer, when Purslow called him best sixteen year old in the country he had just signed his scholarship with us and agreed to sign three year deal when he turns seventeen which he did do.

So Purslow's 'best sixteen year old' comments had no effect on negotiations whatsoever, as Carney had already signed a deal at that point and then signed his first professional contract as soon as he turned seventeen, by the time last summer came Purlsow's comments were three years old and they didn't really matter, because everyone by that point would have long known he was one of the best players in his age group.

Last summer we offered him big money and promised him first team football, so not sure what else the club could have done, it might have helped if we'd have given him more game time, but somehow I get the feeling he still would have been wanting to leave as soon as likes of Chelsea showed their interest, and not saying that as a criticism of him, during his lifetime they've been one of the best clubs in England and Europe, so can understand a player of his age being drawn in by that.

• Like 1

This thread has grown by thirty-seven pages since he left, Aaron Ramsey thread has grown by twenty-two pages during the same period, why are people talking about Chukwuemeka more than Aaron Ramsey, Ramsey has just had two great loans in the Championship and overall was one of the best young players in that division last season, I still think he's underrated by Villa fans, a lot of whom would love it if we signed someone like Alex Scott, but don't realize that Aaron Ramsey is on the same level, I think in some ways being Jacob's younger brother is detrimental to him in terms of how he's viewed, because many seem to have this idea that 'younger brothers are always said to be better than their older brothers but usally aren't, so he can't be that good', but in Aaron's case he is actually very good in his own right, he's similar level to Chukwuemeka, at some things he's better than Chukwuemeka.

10 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Im not a gerrard fan but it was thw correct decision. Why play him if he has not intention of signing a contract? This was going on longer than when gerrard arrived

56 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Im not a gerrard fan but it was thw correct decision. Why play him if he has not intention of signing a contract? This was going on longer than when gerrard arrived

The die was cast though,  his ego was way bigger than his ability at that point. We should play hard ball with these youngsters before they make it into the first team, max length of contract and pay related to performance sort of thing. If they don't sign then freeze them out.

Chucks interesting because our business model has placed a large emphasis  on bringing talent through to get into the first team. His actions  cast a shadow over it, what's happened since has played into our hands with the youngsters,  who will still be talking to Chuck and watching his career. 

Ramsey is a good boy. 🤩

Â