Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

5 hours ago, Nicho said:

Yes it’s fairly common if not expected that most don’t make it. 

It was your point that mentioned James and Mount as a reason for optimism on his part…

I only mentioned them because most assume no one breaks through at Chelsea. You had those guys, Tammy played a bit the year before. I just don't think Chelsea are the closed shop they once were, they are now trying to provide pathways and investing in a pipeline of talent. 

49 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Telegraph says we offered him a deal that made him highest paid teenager in the country.

Greedy shit hhopw he flops. Schmuck 

And how much did Chelsea offer him? He didnt go there for a pay cut.

• Like 2

Does anyone who's followed Carney's time at youth level want to share on what this kid does well and why he's apparently top five for his age in Europe?

Why hasn't he been integrated sooner? That's not a criticism of the player. I'm curious to know why Villa don't think he's ready, or what the reasoning behind him moving is from our pov.

9 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Why hasn't he been integrated sooner? That's not a criticism of the player. I'm curious to know why Villa don't think he's ready, or what the reasoning behind him moving is from our pov.

Hasn’t he been integrated at the same speed as Grealish for example.

CC featured in 2 PL games in 20/21 and then 12 PL games in 21/22. If he was here long-term, this season he might have seen 15 sub appearance and 3-4 starts. After that, it’s up to him to show his worth in those games where he plays.

Should change his name to Chukwonga if he's the highest paid teen in the UK.  The guy has fallen on his feet cuz even if he don't make it at Chelsea he's going to be set for life on that 6 year contract.

17 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Thats my point he gone for the money not his career

I still think he could easily get more game time at Chelsea than us (including Champions League cameos) because they play more games.  I'd be surprised if the money offered by us and Chelsea was markedly different.

• Like 1

I’m sure I’ll be accused of being bitter but I can’t say I was ever as impressed as some by this kid. He clearly has talent but I’d have happy with £20m irreverent of his contract situation. 

22 minutes ago, dubbs said:

Should change his name to Chukwonga if he's the highest paid teen in the UK.  The guy has fallen on his feet cuz even if he don't make it at Chelsea he's going to be set for life on that 6 year contract.

Gabby was on talks!te today and mispronounced Carney’s name - sounded like Chukuwanka.

24 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I still think he could easily get more game time at Chelsea than us (including Champions League cameos) because they play more games.  I'd be surprised if the money offered by us and Chelsea was markedly different.

I doubt it. Chelseas midfield is veey very good.  He might get cup games but he wokld have got that here.  If he signed i am 100% convinced he would have started more games for us.  Looks like gerrard was right

Can anyone else give me another example of a teenager going for that kind of money with little time/impact at senior level? 

Must be other examples but I can’t think of one. 

£20m is a hell of a punt for someone who had a LONG way to go before becoming a regular in our side let alone a CL team. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Telegraph says we offered him a deal that made him highest paid teenager in the country.

Greedy shit hhopw he flops. Schmuck 

Hopefully not true. Whats the point in standing your ground and keeping him back at BMH, sending the right signals only to then get him in and offer him a big raise anyway to stay

Â