Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

3 minutes ago, Newry_Villan said:

Can we just let him rot in the youth team, have no game time at any level with us and have him train alone?  Wouldn't be good for his development if he has no game time for a year.  No...I'm not bitter.  :D 

I am past the anger now and actually am pitying him. Anywhere he goes now will not be offering a pathway as clear as ours. He is going to be lost in the vacuum of young promising players that made terrible decisions. 

21 minutes ago, Newry_Villan said:

Can we just let him rot in the youth team, have no game time at any level with us and have him train alone?  Wouldn't be good for his development if he has no game time for a year.  No...I'm not bitter.  :D 

Terrible idea for the signal it sends out to youth players we want to sign and 'stepping stone' players we want to sign.

To clarify a stepping stone player is someone who is presumed to just get better and better who has their career planned out to moving to a truly elite club. Like Haaland for example.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Newry_Villan said:

What has he done wrong? 

I am still waiting for somebody to explain this, only thing he has done so far is honour the contract him and the club agreed to

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

What has he done wrong? 

I am still waiting for somebody to explain this, only thing he has done so far is honour the contract him and the club agreed to

He has his team flirting with every team in Europe, he is making demands that he knows are impossible like demanding playing time and obscene amount of money that means a deal can not even begin to be negotiated, has he done anything wrong technically? NO, is he doing something that hurts the club we love ? YES ,   I'm not sure if you're arguing with people because you enjoy being the odd one out or you really are that innocently naive, I hope the later,,,,,one thing we can agree on is that the club comes before any player and all of them will come and go, we all just want the best for the club and the best is he signs a new deal or he leaves with our other young prospects realising he has gone about things the wrong way and try to follow the path of Jacob and earn their positions in a great club with a great history 

4 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I am past the anger now and actually am pitying him. Anywhere he goes now will not be offering a pathway as clear as ours. He is going to be lost in the vacuum of young promising players that made terrible decisions. 

He’ll go somewhere and play at a high level because he’s an excellent footballer. Shame if it isn’t here but so be it.

7 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

This is coming over all Bobby Duncan now. And where did he end up ? 

There's one for the " players you've forgotten about" thread. 

And he's SG's cousin, so our manager had a front row seats for that fiasco...

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

No one is gojng to pay him 60k a week and no one js going to guarantee a work in progress definite game time. So he is **** .

I think it was Dortmund he had his sights set on, but they have bought heavily this summer. 

This is coming over all Bobby Duncan now. And where did he end up ? 

Dickhead advisor is going to ruin his career.

Look at the england u19 team he played in.

Highly rated players but very little top league experience. Because they are still learning their trade. 

Just looked that up. Good shout. Seems like a very similar situation.

I dont have any sympathy for Carney. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

What has he done wrong? 

From what I’ve heard, we offered a contract last season and there has been no response at all from his side at all. No negotiations, no rejection, nothing. That’s pretty shitty if true. 

Again, it’s not technically wrong. But leaving your team completely in the dark, without even expressing your intentions or demands (or even an “I’d like to leave” for all to know), stinks of wanting to have your cake and eat it. He wants the game time and development we’re offering, but intends to leave on a free at the earliest opportunity to someone better.

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

What has he done wrong? 

Not signed the contract we’ve offered.

9 hours ago, Villastine said:

Carney is still more likely to sign with us than not.

Eh? The noise from his camp for over a year has been he won't sign a contract. There's been one for him to sign since October and he isn't interested. He's going.

1 hour ago, HalfTimePost said:

Eh? The noise from his camp for over a year has been he won't sign a contract. There's been one for him to sign since October and he isn't interested. He's going.

There really has been little to no noise from his camp! All we know is he didn't sign the contract he was offered. 

10 hours ago, Villastine said:

Carney is still more likely to sign with us than not. If the club want him to stay badly enough then a deal will be done. 

Why are some so dismissive of this idea? It could happen

Not sure if this is old news.

AC Milan are rivalling interest from Arsenal and Newcastle United after opening talks with the agent of Carney Chukwuemeka over a cut-price transfer for the Aston Villa midfielder.

That’s according to Calciomercato, who note the Serie A champions have now marked the 18-year-old as a concrete target for a summer move. Technical director Paolo Maldini and sporting director Frederic Massara feel he has top-notch potential and an all-round ability.

36 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Not sure if this is old news.

AC Milan are rivalling interest from Arsenal and Newcastle United after opening talks with the agent of Carney Chukwuemeka over a cut-price transfer for the Aston Villa midfielder.

That’s according to Calciomercato, who note the Serie A champions have now marked the 18-year-old as a concrete target for a summer move. Technical director Paolo Maldini and sporting director Frederic Massara feel he has top-notch potential and an all-round ability.

Seems like a rehash of the Barcelona interest and just changed the name of the club ! 

• Like 1

Â