Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

6 minutes ago, ejs1111 said:

I've just been reading everyone posting and having not given an opinion on the matter.  Here is my 2 cents:

Yes he is a talented youth.  Yes I would like him to stay at AVFC.  I agree with the majority that it appears he is not going to sign the contract.  I agree with AVFC to leave him at Bodymoor.  I also agree that it appears he is not getting sound financial advice.  Here is why....

Its reasonable to assume the AVFC contract being offered is for an increase in salary (for arguements sake, lets say its from 20k to 40k).  Its also reasonable to assume he wants to leave.  So why would you not negotiate for the deal to get a bump in pay NOW and earn more money immediately, and allow AVFC to protect their asset and sell you at a higher transfer price?  Especially when you and the agent receive a piece of the transfer fee?  My understanding was that Hause re-signed knowing he could very well be sold... but it gave him a pay increase, and also solidifies his value to AVFC for a future fee should he be sold.  He has more value to AVFC on a 3yr deal than a 1yr deal.  It makes smart business sense.  Nothing that is happening now with CC makes smart business sense.  Yes he can get a pre-contract and leave on a free in January...  big deal?!  He would be ostracized at AVFC and potentially sacrifice development time.  In addition he would still be on his OLD contract making LESS money for the entire year.  Using my 'arguements sake' contract- he would sacrifice $1mil in salary by not signing now.

The whole thing just screams stupidity and immature actions by his handlers.  With CC being so young, he could just be naive and unaware.  Its just sad really.

I think you may have it here, what's going on behind the scenes doesn't make sense, bad advisors is the real issue and it's a shame for the lad but not uncommon. 

Edited by tinker
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Philogene-Bidace is with Carney as of 3 hours ago.

8 Hours ago he was posting pics of himself with Iroegbunam.

Has JPB taken a lightning fast plane to UK to join someone else on loan? Or has Carney joined Oz? 

He is?

6 minutes ago, tinker said:

I think you may have it here, what's going on behind the scenes doesn't make sense, bad advisors is the real issue and it's a shame for the lad but not uncommon. 

I just have a hard time seeing CC being a tw*t 🤣

Just think he's a 17yr old kid making $1mil per year and taking advice from adults he's looked up to his whole life.  And the adults are w*nkers... they have no clue about finances, real money, etc.  Or they think he's Ronaldo already and could crack 1st11 at Barca.

Edited by ejs1111
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, hippo said:

Or doesn't he have the confidence that a glittering career is a ahead of him and wants very big bucks right now as by the time he is 22 he maybe a busted flush ?

He won’t get big bucks not playing for a year or getting injured.

If that was the case, the best option would be to take the contract at Villa, 5 years on £40k a week is a guaranteed £10m, and it would probably have automatic increases built in too.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ejs1111 said:

20k to 40k).  Its also reasonable to assume he wants to leave.  So why would you not negotiate for the deal to get a bump in pay NOW and earn more money immediately, and allow AVFC to protect their asset and sell you at a higher transfer price?  Especially when you and the agent receive a piece of the transfer fee?

…just FYI he won’t get ANY of the transfer fee in that scenario. For a player it’s better to move on a free.

Now that’s offset against a year of increased wages now and I think he should sign and do as you say - but financially players don’t get cuts of transfer fees just FYI.

I think Carney has been given just the right amount of playing time. At the moment he is generally good on the ball but lacking defensively, makes incorrect decisions and looks a little lost, as you would expect with a player of his age and experience. I'm not sure where he's going to go that he suddenly feels he's going to get lots more playing time as if we were to promise that it would be to the detriment of the team in general.

So, if he does go, good luck to him but my bet is he will spend a lot of time on who every bench it maybe. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, hippo said:

Or doesn't he have the confidence that a glittering career is a ahead of him and wants very big bucks right now as by the time he is 22 he maybe a busted flush ?

Well you have a point Pete.

or 

After being mooted as one of the best youth players in the country.....He is blaming the coaches as opposed to himself, for not making the first team as a regular.

Its all speculation, until we know the truth.

48 minutes ago, TRO said:

Well you have a point Pete.

or 

After being mooted as one of the best youth players in the country.....He is blaming the coaches as opposed to himself, for not making the first team as a regular.

Its all speculation, until we know the truth.

I remember David platt saying "if the move is right in a footballing sense - the money will follow in due course" 

Maybe CC wants the money now - hoping the football will follow. 

The Platt strategy makes more sense imo.

• Like 2

No one is gojng to pay him 60k a week and no one js going to guarantee a work in progress definite game time. So he is **** .

I think it was Dortmund he had his sights set on, but they have bought heavily this summer. 

This is coming over all Bobby Duncan now. And where did he end up ? 

Dickhead advisor is going to ruin his career.

Look at the england u19 team he played in.

Highly rated players but very little top league experience. Because they are still learning their trade. 

• Thanks 1

Couldn't help but think the compliment and praise Gerrard gave to Feeney's family was on purpose and aimed at a family currently having a nightmare , plus the praise of Tim and Aaron 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, pete101 said:

Couldn't help but think the compliment and praise Gerrard gave to Feeney's family was on purpose and aimed at a family currently having a nightmare , plus the praise of Tim and Aaron 

Didnt even think of that. Good spot

27 minutes ago, pete101 said:

I don’t think so, he didn’t shoehorn it in, he didn’t mention Feeney until asked and then just spoke positively about him. I’d like to think that they’re not thinking about Carney that much to be honest. Out of sight out of mind hopefully. 

1 hour ago, pete101 said:

would be pretty shitty since Carney brother is a Villa player and has done nothing wrong

Â