Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

2 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Which is equivalent to admitting that he's just not there yet. So he has no right to be demanding much of anything really.

I trust the club to make the right decision regarding him. If he does leave, he will go on to have a good career. I’ve seen quite a lot of him for the u23s and u18s, he’s a very talented player 

15 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

What’s your reasoning behind this? 

No offers currently, can ask for bigger wages/signing on fee.

Obviously it would be ideal if he isn’t going to sign that we get a fee for him now.

This could all backfire on him of course if they don’t offer him the contract he wants.

10 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I think he will be here come 1st September, and he will run his contract down and leave for compensation next year.  

If I were advising him then still being here on September 1st with the intention of running his contract down would be the one thing that I would urge him to avoid.

Players can be flavour of the month for the media which he has been recently, but sports media is fickle and soon moves on. A season without competitive football and no way to put himself in the 'shop window' would considerably damage both his development and future prospects.

Sign a new contract or get a decent move sealed this transfer window, are his only positive options in my opinion.

I think its already backfiring. I think Villa are asking for 20 mill because Carney thinks he is ahead of his development plan. And that would be a fair price if he was as far ahead as he thinks he is. 

Put it this way. Anyone on here who would sell Jacob for 40 mill, bearing in mind his potential ? 

1 minute ago, villabromsgrove said:

If I were advising him then still being here on September 1st with the intention of running his contract down would be the one thing that I would urge him to avoid.

Players can be flavour of the month for the media which he has been recently, but sports media is fickle and soon moves on. A season without competitive football and no way to put himself in the 'shop window' would considerably damage both his development and future prospects.

Sign a new contract or get a decent move sealed this transfer window, are his only positive options in my opinion.

World Cup under 20 is next May, plays well there then he will have pick of Europe especially on a free

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

No offers currently, can ask for bigger wages/signing on fee.

Obviously it would be ideal if he isn’t going to sign that we get a fee for him now.

This could all backfire on him of course if they don’t offer him the contract he wants.

You think there will not be any offers this window? Why? Waiting it out is risky af. If he’s the prospect the world think he is, then then a waiting is nothing but a risk..

if he’s waiting it out to get the offer he wants from the club he wants, as you said that could backfire…

so, if offers come in this window, all parties involved will negotiate and, and I’d suspect reach an agreement. Maybe less than everyone wanted, but it keeps the Carney train going. And villa get some cash 

4 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

Well he supposedly being advised by a Church, so who knows what advice he’s being given.

1 minute ago, CarryOnVilla said:

You think there will not be any offers this window? Why? Waiting it out is risky af. If he’s the prospect the world think he is, then then a waiting is nothing but a risk..

if he’s waiting it out to get the offer he wants from the club he wants, as you said that could backfire…

so, if offers come in this window, all parties involved will negotiate and, and I’d suspect reach an agreement. Maybe less than everyone wanted, but it keeps the Carney train going. And villa get some cash 

They main word here being IF. Unless an actual offer comes in it’s all just speculation and rumours. 

TBH I’m at the point I don’t even want him to sign a contract, if he’s this much trouble at 18, what’s he going to be like with contract negotiations at 23 or 25?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

World Cup under 20 is next May, plays well there then he will have pick of Europe especially on a free

How will he get picked for the England U20 team if he's missed a total season of competitive football at the time selection happens?

• Like 1

We know very little about the whole situation, but the club's action would seem to suggest that they have done all they can to hold on to `the best 16 year old in the country'.

We are fortunate that we have a number of young players coming through the ranks to soften the blow.

If he decided to sit on his arse next season playing for the kids and running his contract down the probability of others youngsters surpassing him increases massively. I would think our own kids would surpass him too. I also would not be surprised if several other kids come through elsewhere that others see as better investments and take the shine from him. He's got literally no experience in his CV to be able to sit back and chill for a year, and it's also not a good look for him if he does that. If I was his rep I'd be looking to break him out asap not sit still for a year. That's next level stupid imo.

4 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

How will he get picked for the England U20 team if he's missed a total season of competitive football at the time selection happens?

Most players that play the tournament for England are usually in the reserve squads of big teams

He was the main man in under 19 team so will go. Tim will probably go too and he wont be playing much competitive football without a loan

4 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

We know very little about the whole situation, but the club's action would seem to suggest that they have done all they can to hold on to `the best 16 year old in the country'.

We are fortunate that we have a number of young players coming through the ranks to soften the blow.

The club isn’t at fault. It may yet resolve itself. 

So...

We know he hasn't signed a contract offer that was made to him many months ago.

We know he hasn't travelled to Oz when his Co-England youth stars have.

My takeaway is that he's being poorly advised, and wants to gamble on being given more money or more playing time elsewhere.

He's simply not ready to start first team PL football, and he wont get that at a bigger club. So he's only getting that lower down the table/ leagues. 

I dont particularly see many other clubs offering him significantly more than we are willing to, but if they do they're gambling that he'll continue to demonstrate his above average ability even when played against people in their prime.

So he's going to end up either on more money in a big clubs reserves, or starting for less money at somewhere down the league's. Neither of these are better than getting semi regular appearances for Villa for me,  even without my claret and blue specs on. 

But, he's been sitting on the contact offer too long now, and he's looking more like he's overestimated his pull with each day that goes by. This could end up being a lost year for him, at a crucial stage of his development. 

• Like 2

I'm being annoying again, and pointing out the differences in the SAME scenario with Douglas Luiz.

SG's words with regards to Luiz in that thread, his involvement and so on, make it seem to me like the lad and the team have pissed the club off.

Possibly a point of no return from both sides at this point.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

Well he supposedly being advised by a Church, so who knows what advice he’s being given.

Probably go to Newcastle. 

Problem with this lad is every time it comes to renegotiate his contract whoever he plays for is going to have the same issues we are having now.

Fair offer, if he doesn't accept it then he goes to cause issues to whoever he goes to and disrupts his career for at least 2 seasons.

I've just been reading everyone posting and having not given an opinion on the matter.  Here is my 2 cents:

Yes he is a talented youth.  Yes I would like him to stay at AVFC.  I agree with the majority that it appears he is not going to sign the contract.  I agree with AVFC to leave him at Bodymoor.  I also agree that it appears he is not getting sound financial advice.  Here is why....

Its reasonable to assume the AVFC contract being offered is for an increase in salary (for arguements sake, lets say its from 20k to 40k).  Its also reasonable to assume he wants to leave.  So why would you not negotiate for the deal to get a bump in pay NOW and earn more money immediately, and allow AVFC to protect their asset and sell you at a higher transfer price?  Especially when you and the agent receive a piece of the transfer fee?  My understanding was that Hause re-signed knowing he could very well be sold... but it gave him a pay increase, and also solidifies his value to AVFC for a future fee should he be sold.  He has more value to AVFC on a 3yr deal than a 1yr deal.  It makes smart business sense.  Nothing that is happening now with CC makes smart business sense.  Yes he can get a pre-contract in January and leave on a free next summer...  big deal?!  He would be ostracized at AVFC and potentially sacrifice development time.  In addition he would still be on his OLD contract making LESS money for the entire year.  Using my 'arguements sake' contract- he would sacrifice $1mil in salary by not signing now.

The whole thing just screams stupidity and immature actions by his handlers.  With CC being so young, he could just be naive and unaware.  Its just sad really.

Edited by ejs1111
  • Like 4

Â