Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

15 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Exactly.  The club should have had a time limit on when the contract is still available, and withdrawn if he hasn't signed.  Then he can shop about with no fall back offer.

That would only benefit other clubs, they could offer him less than we did and he would have to go. Offer him a fair wage them leave it at that. He's played a bit part in games last season ahead of other players who probably should have got the nod first. 

He's obviously been tapped up like Douglas, they will run their contracts down and then see who will pay them the most and leave. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nigel said:

You are right that he hasnt rejected us openly, but we can all read between the lines here.

Yeah, it’s fairly obvious he’s not signing. But things are not over as of yet, (it’s not going to happen) but there is time for things to change… however a 100% fact we can all be sure on, come September 1st, he’s either at a new club or he signs a new deal. 

How much money we get, is debatable 

18 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Yeah, it’s fairly obvious he’s not signing. But things are not over as of yet, (it’s not going to happen) but there is time for things to change… however a 100% fact we can all be sure on, come September 1st, he’s either at a new club or he signs a new deal. 

How much money we get, is debatable 

How is that 100% fact?  There is every possibility he sees the end of his contract out and leaves next summer.

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

How is that 100% fact?  There is every possibility he sees the end of his contract out and leaves next summer.

Because he will be sold this window, we may not get the “£20m” stated, but we’ll get something.

Edited by CarryOnVilla

1 minute ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Because he will be sold this window, we may not get the “£20m” stated, but we’ll get something.

Everything that's been "stated" is all just rumours.  No club has made contact about buying him this window.

1 hour ago, est1874 said:

"Treating" a player what way? 🙄

Get a grip man. Even if the players were reading these threads, which is highly unlikely, tbh it might be the best thing that ever happened to them. Nobody is being abused here. A player who clearly doesn't want to stay is merely being shown the door. It's transactional, and yes I'll reiterate, he can **** off if he wants to. 

Modern football players are insulated from the real world and wrapped in so many layers of cotton wool -- God forbid they should encounter a perspective or opinion that doesn't wash with their egocentric perception of the world. 

These guys from a young age are surrounded by yes men and hangers-on telling them their shit doesn't stink and hoping for some of that residual status or wealth to rub off on them or trickle down.

Meanwhile you're here talking down to people who think the whole thing is absurd and these precocious young talents need to come back down to earth a bit and face reality. This type of "criticism is abusive" stance only serves to sanitize football and ensure nobody ever says No to these young players or tries to rein them in.

Awesome comment!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

Everything that's been "stated" is all just rumours.  No club has made contact about buying him this window.

Yes that’s true… but when it comes to the crunch, some/one will place a bid, just to have him… there will be clubs not willing to risk a contract race in January, particularly English clubs, who can’t offer him a pre contract then. 

Just now, Nigel said:

TBH i see the most likely option as him still being here running down his contract as no one will stump up the moolar when he will be free in 12 months.

I think we'll push for it tbh.  This whole "treatment" of him is to get a decision.  If we can get some money now, and he doesn't want to stay, then we'll do that.  If no-one pays money then he has the choice of signing with us or being left out of the first team picture as he runs his contract down.  All up to him.

3 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Yes that’s true… but when it comes to the crunch, some/one will place a bid, just to have him… there will be clubs not willing to risk a contract race in January, particularly English clubs, who can’t offer him a pre contract then. 

I don't think it will happen this window TBH. If for instance the rumours to Barca are true, and Carney has had his head turn by them, he will wait to sign for them for free next summer, even if someone like Newcastle or West Ham bid for him now.

I think it’s likely he will be sold for peanuts this window unless the club think there is any hope of him signing a contract which I am at least 90% sure he won’t.

it serves the player no purpose to stay without signing as everyone is going to be in front of him for minutes for obvious reasons.

it serves the club no purpose as they have to pay him, they don’t want to look like they are being punitive to future youth signings as well

Just now, duke313 said:

I don't think it will happen this window TBH. If for instance the rumours to Barca are true, and Carney has had his head turn by them, he will wait to sign for them for free next summer, even if someone like Newcastle or West Ham bid for him now.

If we going by the rumours, we have AC Milan, PSG, Dortmund, Arsenal, Liverpool and probably more I missed. Some of these can easily sell a dream to Carney… if they put a bid in, they’re at front of the list, they wait until January, and they’re in a race… what may not be desirable.

As for What Carney wants, we have no idea… he may have a heart set on some where in particular or he may not… but if I was in his situation, I’d listen to offers at least, because if the rumours are true, there is some tasty options out there.

I’ve said enough on this standpoint, I don’t know if I can add anymore. So let’s flip this, what’s your stand point? It appears you think no bid will come in and Carney runs his contract out? 

2 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

If we going by the rumours, we have AC Milan, PSG, Dortmund, Arsenal, Liverpool and probably more I missed. Some of these can easily sell a dream to Carney… if they put a bid in, they’re at front of the list, they wait until January, and they’re in a race… what may not be desirable.

As for What Carney wants, we have no idea… he may have a heart set on some where in particular or he may not… but if I was in his situation, I’d listen to offers at least, because if the rumours are true, there is some tasty options out there.

I’ve said enough on this standpoint, I don’t know if I can add anymore. So let’s flip this, what’s your stand point? It appears you think no bid will come in and Carney runs his contract out? 

I think he will be here come 1st September, and he will run his contract down and leave for compensation next year.  

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Different players develop at different rates

Which is equivalent to admitting that he's just not there yet. So he has no right to be demanding much of anything really.

Â