Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

1 minute ago, Nigel said:

"I think most of the problem here is the long-term we offered him"

If we didn't offer him long term then what's the alternative?

We are screwed. Of course we offered him long-term. He won't accept that. Will be more common for players to run down their contracts. 

6 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I hope he would have signed a long time ago, and I think that keeping Villa waiting while being 'sidelined' is not ideal.

But if I was 18, and had Barcelona or Milan calling me to move from Birmingham, I would definitely be tempted. What a great adventure and what a great achievement after 6 years of playing youth football in the rainy cold midlands.

Money will come his way either way. But a chance to represent Barcelona or Milan might not. 

I wish he would have committed to staying with us already, but I am not going to begrudge him the move. 

1- It's the Birmingham Mail who know nothing of what is going on at Villa

2- It could be the classic agent talk to squeeze a bigger contract from us

There is no guarantee he would play for either even if it did happen. It could be straight to the youth B side and or out on loan.

Its all getting rather tiresome now.

Fortunately Carney is not the only talented player emerging from the academy so his inevitable loss will not be as impactive. 

Luckily we have the likes of Archer, Ramsey, Iroegbunam, Philogene-Bidace, Azaz, Barry, Chrisene, Feeney and KKH to name but a few making real headway into first team football and they seem to acknowledge the realism of breaking into top flight football. 

The academy is delivering now and will do for the foreseeable. 

Good luck to Carney but the grass isn’t always greener. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Fortunately Carney is not the only talented player emerging from the academy so his inevitable loss will not be as impactive. 

Luckily we have the likes of Archer, Ramsey, Iroegbunam, Philogene-Bidace, Azaz, Barry, Chrisene, Feeney and KKH to name but a few making real headway into first team football and they seem to acknowledge the realism of breaking into top flight football. 

The academy is delivering now and will do for the foreseeable. 

Good luck to Carney but the grass isn’t always greener. 

Great post…

I agree with everything except this…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mic09 said:

I hope he would have signed a long time ago, and I think that keeping Villa waiting while being 'sidelined' is not ideal.

But if I was 18, and had Barcelona or Milan calling me to move from Birmingham, I would definitely be tempted. What a great adventure and what a great achievement after 6 years of playing youth football in the rainy cold midlands.

Money will come his way either way. But a chance to represent Barcelona or Milan might not. 

I wish he would have committed to staying with us already, but I am not going to begrudge him the move. 

There is a very big difference between where you play and the environment in which you play.  We do not offer sunny weather and the chance to compete for titles currently , but we offer the perfect environment in which to improve and excel. He is literally at A level age . Would still not know his results if he had taken them. 

I think this is why i am begrudging him a move. Because he isnt Jude Bellingham and ahead of schedule. He is stil a teenager who seems to want everything rightaway without the evidence that he can offer everything back on the pitch. 

21 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

What did he say?

Sorry i would link it but im on my phone and sometimes it fairs to attach properly and i get a warning so wont risk it.

But to summarise syas he is shcoked chuck wont sign, given minutes, gerrard is the right man to get best out of him. He also fonally went on to say how many times do we see young players badly advised and then we never hear or see from them again

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Mic09 said:

I wish he would have committed to staying with us already, but I am not going to begrudge him the move

I am.

We are Aston Villa. I don't give a flying duck about Barcelona or Milan, in fact I think they're rocket polishers who tried to kill competitive football in Europe with their little closed shop conspiracy. 

They can **** off and so can this kid if he thinks he can do better than Villa after 2 poor starts in claret and blue.

7 minutes ago, est1874 said:

I am.

We are Aston Villa. I don't give a flying duck about Barcelona or Milan, in fact I think they're rocket polishers who tried to kill competitive football in Europe with their little closed shop conspiracy. 

They can **** off and so can this kid if he thinks he can do better than Villa after 2 poor starts in claret and blue.

Yeah this is the type of shit that will encourage him to stay with our wonderful support

Villa fans are an embarrassment on this topic, we would be laughing if this was Newcastle/Leeds/Everton treating a player this way

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

He’s very talented, he has great natural ability. If he does want to move on, we might regret it but I trust Gerrard and the people involved to get the correct outcome. I remember Christian Purslow calling him the best 16 year old in the country to the press a couple of years ago 

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Yeah this is the type of shit that will encourage him to stay with our wonderful support

Villa fans are an embarrassment on this topic, we would be laughing if this was Newcastle/Leeds/Everton treating a player this way

"Treating" a player what way? 🙄

Get a grip man. Even if the players were reading these threads, which is highly unlikely, tbh it might be the best thing that ever happened to them. Nobody is being abused here. A player who clearly doesn't want to stay is merely being shown the door. It's transactional, and yes I'll reiterate, he can **** off if he wants to. 

Modern football players are insulated from the real world and wrapped in so many layers of cotton wool -- God forbid they should encounter a perspective or opinion that doesn't wash with their egocentric perception of the world. 

These guys from a young age are surrounded by yes men and hangers-on telling them their shit doesn't stink and hoping for some of that residual status or wealth to rub off on them or trickle down.

Meanwhile you're here talking down to people who think the whole thing is absurd and these precocious young talents need to come back down to earth a bit and face reality. This type of "criticism is abusive" stance only serves to sanitize football and ensure nobody ever says No to these young players or tries to rein them in.

Edited by est1874
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He’s very talented, he has great natural ability. If he does want to move on, we might regret it but I trust Gerrard and the people involved to get the correct outcome. I remember Christian Purslow calling him the best 16 year old in the country to the press a couple of years ago 

But sadly for him he's nowhere near the best 18 year old in the country.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I remember Christian Purslow calling him the best 16 year old in the country to the press a couple of years ago 

In hindsight, this probably wasn't the smartest thing Purslow could have done. It may have contributed to the player getting ideas above his level. 

Edited by Made In Aston
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

In hindsight, this probably wasn't the smartest thing Purslow could have done. It may have contributed to the player getting ideas above his level. 

I agree that it wasn’t the smartest thing for Purslow to have done. Players these days have to have aspirations or there is just no hope for them

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

Â