Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

9 hours ago, pete101 said:

These players should be on contracts that trigger pay rises once they hit a number of appearances 

They nornally are structured that way. That's why Foden is on a contract he signed in Dec 2018 when he'd had like only 8 Premier League games off the bench in his career at that point. It triggered increases based on appearances each season

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Looking at his Instagram nearly every other posts is a thanks to god, gods plan, god guiding him etc.   

I have no problem with that but I’m telling you this lad is being massively influenced by somebody in the decisions he is making.  It feels a bit excessive for somebody so young. 

I can understand why he has been kept away from the rest of the squad. 

In the modern day of philosophy, rational thought and logic I do wonder why some believe in such antiquated views.

He sounds a nut-job.

6 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

In the modern day of philosophy, rational thought and logic I do wonder why some believe in such antiquated views.

He sounds a nut-job.

Think its from the Nigerian side of his heritage, the Nigerian people I met are very Christian and I think one of the most religious nations you could find

• Like 1

11 hours ago, villa4europe said:

How many games will the 3 of them play next season? 

El Ghazi £40k a week for potentially 0

Sanson £50k a week, last year made 10 appearances

Throw in Hause £25k a week, last season 7 appearances

Chuk last season 12 appearances 

Why would he not want paying closer to players that he plays more games than? Why pay based on age rather than appearances? Why pay based on what you consider his performance rating to be rather than appearances? 

Pay him based on his role in the squad 

Those three players you mention are not only senior pros who can point at past levels of performances, either for us or other clubs. People will pay for potential but there’s a limit to how much they’ll pay without more evidence of their potential. 

Young players often fall way short of reaching their potential for a variety of reasons. The common reasons are generally distractions such as women, booze, party life style etc. Who’s to say Chuck won’t fall into any of those traps, or given his alleged dedication to the church, jack  it all in and give his life to God? 

42 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

He sounds a nut-job.

It does sound quite far fetched this day and age and in the UK but if it helps people get by I’m all for it. But we also know there are people out there that use religious beliefs to take advantage of people for their own gains.  Hopefully this is not something that is happening with Carney.

2 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Everyone please block Ekrem Konur on Twitter. He’s not an ITK or anything remotely journalistic. Barca aren’t in advanced talks. 

Yeah just saw this. I'm not naive enough to think talks don't go with agents etc behind clubs backs but for advance talks would mean a fee agreed or some serious tapping up.

Not sure where he got his followers from but he's always seemed no better than the fake ITK accounts.

2 minutes ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

Yeah just saw this. I'm not naive enough to think talks don't go with agents etc behind clubs backs but for advance talks would mean a fee agreed or some serious tapping up.

Not sure where he got his followers from but he's always seemed no better than the fake ITK accounts.

Not saying this is true, but remember when they reported months before summer, that Grealish had agreed terms with City and move was done, and we rubbished it?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Think its from the Nigerian side of his heritage, the Nigerian people I met are very Christian and I think one of the most religious nations you could find

You are right, I have a lot of Nigerian friends and I’d say all of them whether it’s Christianity or Islam are quite religious. It’s the same where my mum is from but not as much as Nigeria.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Looking at his Instagram nearly every other posts is a thanks to god, gods plan, god guiding him etc.   

I have no problem with that but I’m telling you this lad is being massively influenced by somebody in the decisions he is making.  It feels a bit excessive for somebody so young. 

I can understand why he has been kept away from the rest of the squad. 

4 hours ago, Mazrim said:

Is it God?

4 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think it is!  Through a representative of course. 

This is literally a macro representation of how humanity bumbled along for 6000 or so years... 

• Like 3

All I know is "im sick to death" of reading that he has not made up his mind yet.

FFS,he is getting more coverage than players like Coutinho,Pogba,the whole Liverpool and ManUre teams.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

He sounds a nut-job.

Personally, I think atheists display the most astonishing faith in denying incredible evidence for the existence of God.  Given how life seems to fly by, none of us has long to wait to be proved right or wrong.

Anyhow, my actual point is this.  If Carney's priorities in life and way of making decisions depend on his sincerely held beliefs, that does not make him a nut-job.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

4 minutes ago, Stephen_Evans said:

Personally, I think atheists display the most astonishing faith in denying incredible evidence for the existence of God.  Given how life seems to fly by, none of us has long to wait to be proved right or wrong.

Anyhow, my actual point is this.  If Carney's priorities in life and way of making decisions depend on his sincerely held beliefs, that does not make him a nut-job.  

Which one? Isn't there like a thousand?

3 minutes ago, Stephen_Evans said:

What are those? Answer in the religion thread.

Still think it's mostly about playing time for Chuk rather than praying time or money.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Stephen_Evans said:

This is all the evidence we need to know god exists 

4263%20Paul%20McGrath.jpg

this was his bible 

and villa park was his church 

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Thanks 1

Â