Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

13 hours ago, hippo said:

Why? - his current one has a while to run.

only 18 months left.... 😬

One thing he needs to improve is his energy levels, he just seems to drift around the pitch. When you come on as a sub you should be flying around the place when you are fresh and everyone else is tired.

Edited by villa89
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, villa89 said:

One thing he needs to improve is his energy levels, he just seems to drift around the pitch. When you come on as a sub you should be flying around the place when you are fresh and everyone else is tired.

He's always played in that kind of languid, not rushed manner whenever I've seen him. That's how he plays, that's what's got him to the fringes of the first team. 

• Like 1

I think he needs to work harder without the ball. A couple of times we lost the ball and Leicester broke quickly, Carney was slow jogging back to support. Any player only on for the final 25 minutes should be capable of showing more effort and urgency.

I’d also like to see him happier at a Villa win but that’s probably just me wishing every Villa player absolutely loves our club.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

He's always played in that kind of languid, not rushed manner whenever I've seen him. That's how he plays, that's what's got him to the fringes of the first team. 

Yes I've seen the same but I would argue that it's his first touch, ability to dribble and good passing that's got him into the first team. If he wants to be a starter then he won't get away with low energy performances. It's fine in the youths when you are miles better than everyone else, that won't be the case in the premier league. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, brommy said:

I think he needs to work harder without the ball. A couple of times we lost the ball and Leicester broke quickly, Carney was slow jogging back to support. Any player only on for the final 25 minutes should be capable of showing more effort and urgency.

I’d also like to see him happier at a Villa win but that’s probably just me wishing every Villa player absolutely loves our club.

I may be doing him a misservice here, but the lack of urgency, walking straight off the pitch, the contract stuff.. seems to point to another young player with an attitude problem who's been spoiled by money and greed. I hope I'm wrong.

Footballwise, my concern with him is he's so physically developed that I'm sure that would have made playing in the youth leagues a doddle for him. Will he be able to adjust to such a physical league and still stand out? Time will tell.

Edited by blunther
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, blunther said:

I may be doing him a misservice here, but the lack of urgency, walking straight off the pitch, the contract stuff.. seems to point to another young player with an attitude problem who's been spoiled by money and greed. I hope I'm wrong.

Footballwise, my concern with him is he's so physically developed that I'm sure that would have made playing in the youth leagues a doddle for him. Will he be able to adjust to such a physical league and still stand out? Time will tell.

Us fans obviously don’t know the full picture with Carney so I can only suspect you’re not wrong regarding his current attitude. It’s important for Carney, the club and us fans to know there’s still time, given his young age and still closer (just) to two than one football years of his contract remaining, for Carney to mature his attitude.

Having just watched the 21 minute talk with Gerrard at BMH, I’m more confident that SG is the right manager to say and do the right things for Carney’s Villa development. The rest is then up to Carney and (probably unfortunately) his advisers.

i wouldn't mistake Chukwuemeka's style of play on the ball as laziness, and languid is certainly an unfair descritpion, he's a very hard working player and covers a lot of ground all over the pitch and does his fair share of tackling back. His style of play on the ball is what has made him one of the best academy players in the country and got him playing as first team player at the age of seventeen, it's what makes him so good, he plays at his own pace, probably also should be pointed out that he only slows the game down in certain situations, in other situations he can do the exact opposite.

As for comparison's between him and Jacob Ramsey, of course Ramsey is going to look the better player now, he's had much more first team experience and is almost three years older.

I think some might be reading too much into the stories about him refusing to sign a contract and as a result letting those stories color their opinion of him and his game. Which is unfair as the best source for youth footbal 'The Secret Scout' came out and said the stories weren't true and Chukwuemeka's people were baffled by them.

3 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I'd look to start him over JJ next game. We can't give the ball away so cheaply against Liverpool.

Not sure about that at all if i'm honest mate. Full 90 PL is different gravy.

In the one start he's had, he didn't look great, I did see more from him yesterday than I have so far though.

Now, that's not even me saying JJ should start, as much as i love him.

I'd be tempted to start a more senior/experienced player, If we are replacing JJ, I'd probably even go Sanson.

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Not sure about that at all if i'm honest mate. Full 90 PL is different gravy.

In the one start he's had, he didn't look great, I did see more from him yesterday than I have so far though.

Now, that's not even me saying JJ should start, as much as i love him.

I'd be tempted to start a more senior/experienced player, If we are replacing JJ, I'd probably even go Sanson.

To be fair, in his only start he was playing out and out CM, not necessarily his best position and it was his full PL debut. 

If he were to be given a start as one of the two 10's in Gerrard's system I think he would look completely different. 

I'd like to see him given a start against either Norwich or Burnley.  

Â