Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Just now, thunderball said:

Read the article I attached above. Seemingly Juve played him behind the front two rather than on the wing where he established his reputation. Has not worked out for him at all.

Yeah I read a bit about him back when Juve signed Kulusevski. From what I've seen he's played a fair bit at RW for Juve too. But with CR7 in the team it's pretty fluid.

Fwiw this is how Transfermarkt has him down at Juve. RW is where he is effective no doubt.

Played as ...      
Right Winger 42 6 8
Attacking Midfield 17 1 2
Left Winger 9 1 1
Second Striker 7 1 1
Central Midfield 7 - 1
Right Midfield 2 - 1
Center-Forward 2 - -

Just now, sne said:

Yeah I read a bit about him back when Juve signed Kulusevski. From what I've seen he's played a fair bit at RW for Juve too. But with CR7 in the team it's pretty fluid.

Fwiw this is how Transfermarkt has him down at Juve. RW is where he is effective no doubt.

Played as ...      
Right Winger 42 6 8
Attacking Midfield 17 1 2
Left Winger 9 1 1
Second Striker 7 1 1
Central Midfield 7 - 1
Right Midfield 2 - 1
Center-Forward 2 - -

I would be amazed if he wanted to come and play at Villa, but if he did we could go Grealish left, Watkins through the middle and Bernadeschi right. That would be **** terrifying for anyone that played us. We could also do Watkins left, Wesley through the middle and Bernadeschi right with Grealish behind them. Which would probably see Wes scoring a lot of goals.

Can't see it though, although I think we'll be in the market for a left footed right winger who can play either side of a front 3.

• Like 1

Further digging and you find this...

Aston Villa’s Tyrone Mings joins Roc Nation Sports’ growing portfolio.

Roc Nation Sports has continued to expand its portfolio of ambassadors, following up the signing of Federico Bernardeschi, by announcing a new collaboration with Aston Villa and England international footballer Tyrone Mings.

The 27-year-old joins the sports management division of Roc Nation, a company founded by rapper Jay Z. Roc Nation’s acquisition of the player further enhances the agency’s sporting profile in Europe, which now sees the firm have four Premier League representatives.

Michael Yormark, President of Roc Nation Sports International stated: “We are thrilled to welcome Tyrone to the Roc Nation Sports family. His business acumen and ambition in that space married with his dedication to philanthropic work aligns perfectly with our company values. We look forward to helping him reach all of his goals and objectives in the future.”

Alongside Mings and Bernardeschi, Roc Nation Sports’ international clientele includes Kevin De Bruyne (Manchester City), Romelu Lukaku (Inter Milan), Axel Witsel (Borussia Dortmund), Reece James (Chelsea FC), Lauren James (Manchester United), Eric Bailly (Manchester United), Dakota Watterson, Samuel Chukwueze (Villarreal) and Siya Kolisi (Springboks).

Mings has only recently received his first England cap after playing against Bulgaria in October 2019. However, the former Ipswich Town and Bournemouth player has been an integral part of Aston Villa’s campaign this season.

Roc Nation Sports International intends to focus on elevating athletes’ careers on a global scale both on and off the field, using social media as a valuable tool in promoting its athletes. The sports management agency will also be responsible for conceptualising and executing marketing and endorsement deals, community outreach, charitable tie-ins, media relations and brand strategy. 

Mings joins Bernadeschi..

9 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

He's announcing that he's signing for Villa as our new attacking left midfielder?

Agvm.gif

to be fair, we do need a player or two willing to headbutt a player in the nuts....sign him up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Going with that criteria it takes it down to 4 players in the Juventus team.

Ronaldo, Ramsey, Higűain, Szczęsny.

Ronaldo - Done it all, wow! but I doubt it he will be coming here.

Ramsey - It would shock me if we do sign him as his career in England wasn't much and Juve signed him in a free a year ago on a crazy wage. No thanks!

Higuain - Too old and on the verge of possibly joining Inter Miami.

Szczęsny - I think he meets the criteria above the most and we're looking for a goalkeeper. Would be not a bad signing.

Outside of these and going against the run of play, If I had a £1 to pick another player from Juventus I would take a punt on Federico Bernardeschi.

Surely this would just be Perin? Szczesny is their starting keeper and we’ve been linked to Perin a few times over the years.

2 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

Surely this would just be Perin? Szczesny is their starting keeper and we’ve been linked to Perin a few times over the years.

Already back on loan to Genoa until the end of the coming season.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

No idea chap. Was just responding to @KMitch post and what he was mentioning and trying to break it down.

I don't think it would be any of those four myself either.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

They also look after that Chukueuwkeze from Villareal. Interesting. 

He would be a even bigger capture than Bernardeschi IMO

Imagine a team with both  Chimerenka Chukwueze and Carney Chukwuemeka :D 

• Like 2

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2020/sep/09/regulators-investigate-elite-london-law-firm-mishcon-de-reya

One of the UK’s most prestigious law firms is being investigated by regulators who have spent at least two years examining it, sending investigators into its central London offices.

The Guardian has established that the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) is conducting a complex investigation into Mishcon de Reya, involving forensic and anti-money laundering investigators....

...One of the reports is understood to have related to an HM Revenue and Customs investigation into transfers of Premier League football players, while the second detailed allegations about the firm’s work for clients connected to an elaborate €100m (£89m) fraud.

I wonder how much impact this has had on the summers action so far?

28 minutes ago, romavillan said:

For how he played under Sarri?

Injuries for one (both actual history and those occasions when he's simply decided he doesn't fancy it or wants a move away), for the likely money he'd cost he's been bang average for a good few years now and that's whilst playing alongside some of the best players in the league.  His best run of form in the season before he got his big move came from roaming the spaces that Grealish occupies for us now.  I'm not necessarily averse to Juventus' cast-offs and certainly won't presume that some of them wouldn't be plenty good enough for where we are now, but not Bernadeschi, not for me. I think we could do better for the money in both ability and certainly attitude. 

Could stomach a loan-with-an-option-to-buy maybe, so our arse is covered either way. 

Edited by GarethRDR